Redundent fans on HP ML350 G5

My ML350G5 Has these redundant fans on it now from what i can see on the internet it is optional to have these fans however having these unplugged ramps the system fans straight to full blast now from what i know about HP and these G5 Servers they most of the time have a jumper to say to the system these fans arent here and wont have the other fans on full blast does anyone know if the ML350 does this and where would i have to put the jumper onto

Thanks

Jane Serenity Deniz

Beth Foster

Xbox Modder, Network Person, Aussie

Is there a particular reason you want to have them removed? The G5 servers are hot and loud, that's what they're known for.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

well looks like the fans are on there way out and is causing the server to vibrate more then it should and is vibrating the ground its on and is going to be a couple days until i can get some new ones and would rather not have my bed shaking during the night

Beth Foster

9 minutes ago, Jane Serenity Deniz said:

well looks like the fans are on there way out and is causing the server to vibrate more then it should and is vibrating the ground its on and is going to be a couple days until i can get some new ones and would rather not have my bed shaking during the night

You keep a G5 in your room? Wow, you must sleep like a log :D

Have you tried changing the power profile in the BIOS?

Either way, the jumper config for the DL380 is the following:

DL380 G5 6 fan configuration there is a jumper that goes on the one of the unused fan connectors (fan connector #6). If this jumper in not installed or not seated correctly you can get the error you are getting

It might be similar for the ML350. Can't find details for that one.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You keep a G5 in your room? Wow, you must sleep like a log :D

Yeah i do i mostly sleep with monstercat instinct playing gets me sleep pretty fast

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Either way, the jumper config for the DL380 is the following:

DL380 G5 6 fan configuration there is a jumper that goes on the one of the unused fan connectors (fan connector #6). If this jumper in not installed or not seated correctly you can get the error you are getting

It might be similar for the ML350. Can't find details for that one.

ah yes i own the DL380G5 and know it has the jumper im wondering if the ML had the same kinda thing cant find much online though thats why i came to the LTT forum

Beth Foster

stupid question, do you just don't have them plugged in or are you unplugging them while it's on?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

stupid question, do you just don't have them plugged in or are you unplugging them while it's on?

nope dont have them plugged in

Beth Foster

3 minutes ago, Jane Serenity Deniz said:

nope dont have them plugged in

i recall an option in the bios to optimize for quietness, try that

and btw, you can resolder different fans on it with that plug if you want to use something else, i did it when i had two g6's and a g5