AMD white shroud

LeSheen

Does amd or any of the partners sell a gpu with a white shroud? I have a white/cyan themed build. I'm contemplating to swap my rtx2070 with a next gen navi or maybe a rx5700 xt. (linux compatibility)

Or maybe someone has some good advice on how to reliably mod the shroud?

4 hours ago, LeSheen said:

That's just black with one white line. Would not match my white/cyan build.

you could remove the shroud and paint it, tedious and only looksgood with a lot of effort but it is doable, look into model paint jobs like planes and boats, it will give you an idea 

16 hours ago, Connor_LindTV said:

you could remove the shroud and paint it, tedious and only looksgood with a lot of effort but it is doable, look into model paint jobs like planes and boats, it will give you an idea 

I made a model myself 2-3 times. But I think spraypainting or hydrodipping might be nicer and faster.

It's just curious that there are no white amd gpu's.

The only white/cyan GPU I know of is the Galax RTX series, so unless they wanna start making RX5700s....

All the AIB I see for the RX5700/XT are all mostly black, or gold in the case of the really disappointing MSI Evoke

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

9 minutes ago, BigRom said:

The only white/cyan GPU I know of is the Galax RTX series, so unless they wanna start making RX5700s....

All the AIB I see for the RX5700/XT are all mostly black, or gold in the case of the really disappointing MSI Evoke

Well my current gpu is a Gigabyte RTX2070 gaming OC white. But gigabyte only sells black AMD cards as far as I know.

Just now, LeSheen said:

Well my current gpu is a Gigabyte RTX2070 gaming OC white. But gigabyte only sells black AMD cards as far as I know.

Yeah its kinda a shame, I did like the Sapphire Nitro RX590 with the cyan shroud as it brought a little colour to the usually grey/black Sapphire range (not a fan of the gold one though)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

It's really quite easy to remove the shrouds for the 5700 XT, so getting a can of whatever color spray paint and doing it like that shouldn't be a problem. (just make sure you do a lot of REALLY gentile coats, and let them completely dry between, or you will get issues)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms