PERC H310 Error Code 10 Device failed to start

Chiyawa

Hi,

I'm having a proble with Dell PERC H310 card running in Windows 10. The computer detected the card fine, but gave an error Code 10 "device failed to start". I'm not sure if it's incompatibility or something went wrong.

My Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3600

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi

Attaching PERC H310 to the most bottom PCIe x16 slot (running PCIe 2.0 x4)

I don't have other system to try, so I'm not sure if any of you having the issues.

According to the device manager, I notice that the driver version has P20 in it. I also tried P19 and P18, same thing happened, error code 10 device failed to start.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I seems to found the problem. The firmware is the culprit. I reflash the firmware and everything works, although I lose the RAID function and BIOS setup function, but no big deal, because I just need a SAS card for LTO 5 Tape drive.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

• 3 years later...

hey I am trying to get an H310 card to run in a windows 10 system could you go into more detail about how you got yours to work?