Best Smartwatch for Android?

It's a simple question, in need of a simple answer...

Which is the best Smartwatch for Android?

I have been looking for a while, and I'm settled on the TicWatch Pro because of the dual display, heart rate monitoring, fantastic battery like and Google Pay ability.

Is there any other smartwatches with a similar feature set to the TicWatch Pro?

I love the idea of the stacked displays so you can always have the time available without having to do the motion to get it to activate.

Looking forward to the replies and suggestions.

My current Set-Up: (Now in RGB)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 | CPU cooler: EVGA CLC 280 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Classified @ 2050MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Boot SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB on a SilverStone SST-ECM20 | Game Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | Main Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM | Back-up Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 5900RPM in software RAID-1 | Recording Drive: Samsung SpinPoint 160GB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red | OS: Windows 10 Professional | Keyboard: Cyborg V.7 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + HP Compaq LA1951g | Speakers: Sony PCVA-SP2 (Which sound FANTASTIC) | Headset: HyperX Cloud II

3 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I personally don't have a clue how smartwatches with SIM cards work... I mean, I already pay money for my phone SIM, do I need to pay for another contract for my smartwatch?

Because of that, smartwatches with SIM support are optional, but something I properly won't use. Here in the UK, I don't believe the TicWatch Pro even has 4G support.

I mainly wanted something to keep an eye on my heart rate, come up with my notifications and have the ability to pay via Google Pay. I can't use Samsung watches because my bank is not supported through Samsung Pay unfortunately.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 | CPU cooler: EVGA CLC 280 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Classified @ 2050MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Boot SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB on a SilverStone SST-ECM20 | Game Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | Main Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM | Back-up Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 5900RPM in software RAID-1 | Recording Drive: Samsung SpinPoint 160GB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red | OS: Windows 10 Professional | Keyboard: Cyborg V.7 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + HP Compaq LA1951g | Speakers: Sony PCVA-SP2 (Which sound FANTASTIC) | Headset: HyperX Cloud II

Fossil 5th gen watches are the gold standard for android wear right now, ticwatch pro is also ok.

If you are okay with less apps etc, then Samsung watches last 2-3 days instead of 1, and are more robust.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Fossil 5th gen watches are the gold standard for android wear right now, ticwatch pro is also ok.

If you are okay with less apps etc, then Samsung watches last 2-3 days instead of 1, and are more robust.

I've heard nothing but good things about the TicWatch Pro's battery life. With light/medium use, it should last a full 5 days before needing a recharge.

Also, Fossil 5th gens... Do you have any specific models in mind? I'm kinda doing this while at work...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

I've heard nothing but good things about the TicWatch Pro's battery life. With light/medium use, it should last a full 5 days before needing a recharge.

Also, Fossil 5th gens... Do you have any specific models in mind? I'm kinda doing this while at work...

CARLYLE HR is the only variant right now.

But ticwatch is good too.

20 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

CARLYLE HR is the only variant right now.

But ticwatch is good too.

I'm not gonna lie, that is a nice looking smartwatch.

It does seam like it is missing some of the features I was after in a smartwatch though, such as the Always On Display and the ability to pay via Google Pay.

Definitely going to look into this more though, thank you!

Spoiler

1 hour ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

I'm not gonna lie, that is a nice looking smartwatch.

It does seam like it is missing some of the features I was after in a smartwatch though, such as the Always On Display and the ability to pay via Google Pay.

Definitely going to look into this more though, thank you!

No? It defintitely has both of these things, even displays seconds on the AOD.

The only drawback is the weak battery life, 24 hours.

Just look for Fossil 5th gen reviews for more info.

2 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

No? It defintitely has both of these things, even displays seconds on the AOD.

The only drawback is the weak battery life, 24 hours.

Just look for Fossil 5th gen reviews for more info.

Ah, I must of missed that.

That battery though, that's a massive off-putting thing for me, simply because I plan on having my watch fully charged on Monday and have it not need to be charged until Friday night. - Which I believe the TicWatch Pro can offer.

I will be looking up those reviews when I get home!

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

I plan on having my watch fully charged on Monday and have it not need to be charged until Friday night.

I doubt ticwatch pro can do that either, as it still runs android wear. Unless you only use very slightly the smartwatch part, it can't last over 2 days simply because of the OS. Even tizen (Samsung watches) may struggle to hit that 5 day battery you are after.

But definitely look at the reviews, maybe the new ticwatch pro is better.

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, tipidet said:

I am trying to find out about smartwatches and how they work. This is what I would prefer in a smartwatch: 1. Works as a standalone cell phone. 2. Does not need a smartphone to work. 3. Can have its own separate cell phone plan. 4. Prefer it works on prepaid but if it only works on postpaid that might be OK. Right now I am just trying figure out if smartwatches work like smart phones. For example, can you buy a smartwatch that is unlocked and use it on any service.

Completely stand-alone smartwatches exist, but they still tend to be hacked-together devices from tiny brands. The good watches remain the ones that are at least partly dependent on a phone. Keep in mind that with all smartwatches, battery life on cellular data tends to be relatively short.

If you get a cellular-equipped smartwatch, you can make calls, texts and use data when away from your phone. You don't usually need to have a separate phone number for it, either.  Typically, you subscribe to a smartwatch add-on plan through your carrier; that usually requires postpaid service, but I'd check with your provider to see if there are plans for smartwatches.

Smartwatches are almost always unlocked. If you're usually near your phone, you don't even need to get a cellular model. But if you do, it's easy to buy a watch that isn't activated on any service — you just activate if and when you want cell data.

Your choice of smartwatch depends on the phone you use. If you have an iPhone... get an Apple Watch. It's the best-integrated with the iPhone and is generally regarded as the best smartwatch in the industry. If you're on Android, I generally steer people toward the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or, if they can't use that, a Google Pixel Watch.