LGA mobo isn't outputting video give Only Black screen

Magnetar_Byte

When I turn the PC on the display flashes white and then goes black but the back light light is still on. Meaning it's outputting something but it's not there I guess. 

So I then hey maybe the display is broke so j tried booting and mirroring to the monitor and yup all good. So it's not that. 

Tried so far:

• I then tried to recede all components. Tried that nothing
  • Swapped ram slots nothing
  • Tried using a video card instead of inboard Intel igpu still nothing. 
  • Reset cmos for 5 mins tried again nothing
  • Let the PC sit for a good while to maybe let it warm up I guess and display something eventually nope noda.

Last thing I tried was troubleshooting what is or isn't getting power. Took cpu cooler off and turned it on for a little bit cpu is warm so it's good. But the ram for some reason wasn't warm   so could it be bad ram. 

Maybe but the issue is display output since not even the bios displays. Hence the cmos reset. 

Any ideas?

DA540597-5172-41FE-A355-6231CFA55409.jpeg

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

You are unable to get in the BIOS because the screen is not working but are you still able to see a flash screen? This should be a HP / Dell logo or what have you. Do lights on the motherboard light up when powering on? Will the fans start spinning when powering on the PC?

1 minute ago, Jarno. said:

You are unable to get in the BIOS because the screen is not working but are you still able to see a flash screen?

Ya it's just a flash of the backlight turning on. Nothing more.

This should be a HP / Dell logo or what have you.

Yup it's an HP Pavillion prebuilt, it worked a few weeks ago when I replaced this PC with a new one I built for a family member. But when I got it home it suddenly didn't wanna work. 

Do lights on the motherboard light up when powering on? Will the fans start spinning when powering on the PC?

There's no lights on the mobo hence why I'm trying to go off what's hot and therefore getting power theory. I did try a discrete GPU and tried that. 

I got a loud error sound from the mobo. Which doesn't really help since I've no clue what error message it's trying to tell me. 

But thought I'd mention it. 

13 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

Error sound? Does it bleep? if so you might to check the following page for what it means.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922  

Home.m4a

It seems to be 5 long beeps ummm.

Also this is only when I have the discrete GPU plugged in which it doesn't need to have mind u. 

When it's not plugged in I get no beeps to help determine the errors.

Hm, have you another monitor to test with? I would hook up another monitor and pull everything out of the PC which is not necessary for it to be working so pull out GPU pull out RAM except 1 slot. Disconnect any USB headers from the board etc.

Posting is most important right now then having it boot in Windows. Therefore you can also disconnect any drives.