Seagate Backup Slim Touch vs WD My Passport 2 TB pls help

Doge99

What should I buy from this 2 drive

And the recovery service is included in the Seagate drive? 

Can some one help me decide what drive to buy as sale is on the way

And do need to pay for recovery service that the seagate drive that include recuse plus

I checked Amazon and the Seagate website and none of them says that the data recovery service is included, maybe the link you are using is different, but at least in the specs it does not say so:

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

Both will be just fine. 

As for recovery service, with a good backup strategy you won't ever need that.  Never rely on one single drive to hold all your data or backups.

Remember the 3-2-1 rule of backups: 3 copies of your data, on 2 different media, with 1 of the backups stored off-site. 

Yes, it's expensive to store everything 3 times, but if a hard drive fails it's usually outside of warranty and then you'll still be paying the full price for data recovery. 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Both will be just fine. 

As for recovery service, with a good backup strategy you won't ever need that.  Never rely on one single drive to hold all your data or backups.

Remember the 3-2-1 rule of backups: 3 copies of your data, on 2 different media, with 1 of the backups stored off-site. 

Yes, it's expensive to store everything 3 times, but if a hard drive fails it's usually outside of warranty and then you'll still be paying the full price for data recovery. 

Thanks

On 9/28/2019 at 11:42 PM, xD Power Hole Stick said:

In addition to what the partner has suggested here above, this link only gives out the Mylio program for one year and Adobe CC Photography for 2 months but does not include any data recovery plan.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming