UPS help.

Fasade

Hello, I want to buy a UPS and know nothing about them.

I have sometimes power outages for 1 or 2 seconds and that messes things up, I need it to do it's work for about 4-5 minutes just to be sure.

I plan to have on it a router, an AOC CQ32G1 monitor and the PC (750W psu, Ryzen 3600, RTX 2600 super).

What kind of VA would I need for that ?

• Finished ? It'll never be finished. A battle isn't like some stupid argument. As long as someone's still breathing, the fight isn't over. Everyone who searches for power without exception searches for battle. Do you fight in order to become more powerful ? Or you want more power in order to fight ?

On 9/27/2019 at 2:41 PM, Slayerking92 said:

APC has a calculator.

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/tools/ups_selector/

But for just a few minutes of runtime, any 500+ should do/

This calculator seems pretty useless. They recommend a 1500VA unit for a 500W estimated load... 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:58 AM, Fasade said:

Hello, I want to buy a UPS and know nothing about them.

I have sometimes power outages for 1 or 2 seconds and that messes things up, I need it to do it's work for about 4-5 minutes just to be sure.

I plan to have on it a router, an AOC CQ32G1 monitor and the PC (750W psu, Ryzen 3600, RTX 2600 super).

What kind of VA would I need for that ?

I'm in the same situation as you. However, you could have a 750W PSU but it doesn't mean that's the power consumption, that's determined by the components. I have a 500W PSU for my PC but the estimated load is 352W.