Corsair SP120 PWM control?

kokonator

I just got a pair of Corsair SP120 PWM fans.  I didn't realize that they were 3 pin fans, I'm wondering if I can find 4 pin adapters somewhere so I can keep them connected to my Z87 motherboard (I'd rather use AI suite III than the case fan controller).

I realize this topic might be redundant...but I'm relatively new at computer building and any insight is appreciated!

Only the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT (which is a mirror of the CPU_Fan header) are true PWM headers on any motherboard really, so plugging in a PWM fan into any other header won't provide PWM control- just regular voltage control which is bad for the lifespan of a PWM fan. Get a real PWM fan controller like the Aquaero 6.

I just got a pair of Corsair SP120 PWM fans.  I didn't realize that they were 3 pin fans, I'm wondering if I can find 4 pin adapters somewhere so I can keep them connected to my Z87 motherboard (I'd rather use AI suite III than the case fan controller).

I realize this topic might be redundant...but I'm relatively new at computer building and any insight is appreciated!

If your fans are 3-pin, they are not PWM fans. So feel free to plug them into any headers that support fan control based on your motherboard manual's suggestion.