XMP Boot Failure

KMR

I recently got a pc and have been having issues while booting where I'd have to replace the cmos battery every time to get it to boot. I finally found out that XMP was the thing causing the motherboard to not post.

My rig: https://valid.x86.fr/c7zvsw.

If I turn XMP on the PC actually works and it's detected as 2933mhz but if I shutdown and turn it back on it wouldn't boot. I tried updating bios and windows, didn't really help. I couldn't find anything useful on youtube where usually XMP causes crashes whereas in my case it works perfectly until the next boot. 

Any help regarding this would be appreciated

Thank you.

From reading the memory support list it looks like your memory is not on it. So you may need to wait for a bios update or try supported memory.

image.png.4c7836208169ae9a34257c8d88c024be.png

8 minutes ago, Andrew 1337 said:

From reading the memory support list it looks like your memory is not on it. So you may need to wait for a bios update or try supported memory.

image.png.4c7836208169ae9a34257c8d88c024be.png

Oh damn :(, Thanks for checking that. I can't really afford to change my RAM right now, would it be any good If I send a message to the motherboard support? I have already updated my bios to the latest one that includes ram support.

2 minutes ago, KMR said:

Oh damn :(, Thanks for checking that. I can't really afford to change my RAM right now, would it be any good If I send a message to the motherboard support? I have already updated my bios to the latest one that includes ram support.

If XMP is getting you to stable, you could set XMP, record the settings, and then manually set them. It might stick then.