V-sync forced in all games

OnlyAxolotl

I can't seem to be able to get V-sync to turn off in anything I am playing. 

It tells me that it's off globally and in game setting but input latency is VERY high in all applications. It's more than obviously on and I play a t a pretty high level in multiple competitive FPS's.

I tried DDu'ing to an earlier driver and it didn't help.

I also re-installed all software that could be causing any button to pixel lag like Logitech etc.

Still to no avail.

The only thing that I can think of is that there was a brownout the other day, which I previously thought had affected my system, but last time it was ok.

Whats going on?

10 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

What GPU and monitor do you have? You can't just assume that V-Sync is enabled because there is input lag.

1070 and 144hz (not Sync)

I cant see any tearing currently and changing to double or triple buffering in games does nothing, doesn't affect latency or tearing, so I'm pretty sure it's that.

Either that or my System is broken in some mysterious way that probably isn't know yet to computer science.

18 hours ago, johndole25 said:

1070 and 144hz (not Sync)

I cant see any tearing currently and changing to double or triple buffering in games does nothing, doesn't affect latency or tearing, so I'm pretty sure it's that.

Either that or my System is broken in some mysterious way that probably isn't know yet to computer science.

Are you getting over 144fps? Because if not, you probably won't see any tearing.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Did it happen just recently? You changed some hardware or whats the crack?

Easy to test. Set monitor refresh rate to 60, get to any game and see if fps goes above 60 or not. If it goes above 60, vsync is off and its something else that causing input lag. Or do the same with 144hz with any game that goes over 144fps.