RAM CAS 14 VS CAS 16 BOTH at 3200mhz

So I am planning on taking my ram 
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB x2

from my AMD build and putting it into my nuka cola intel build.  Now  when I had originally built my system, I matched what my friend got for his build.  Now  I've been eyeing this ram:

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen)   x2

My Main question is there honestly a major significance between CAS 14 TO CAS 16.....like the speed would be the same....but I can't for the live of me figure out the extra 90 buck difference?

Both sets will be 32GB since I do run editing and CAD software.

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 1700 OC to 3.78 ghz

32 GBs of DDR4 

Asus Motherboard

NZXR H440 RAZER EDITIONS CASE

Asus Strix GTX 1080

Asus Strix Sound card.  

Thermaltake 850W BRONZE PSU

You will see no real difference in gaming performance, maybe 1 or 2 fps at most. Not worth the extra $90. You can likely tighten the timings on the CL16 kit to 15 or 14 as well with manual tuning. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

You will see no real difference in gaming performance, maybe 1 or 2 fps at most. Not worth the extra $90. You can likely tighten the timings on the CL16 kit to 15 or 14 as well with manual tuning. 

Yea i've been looking at comparison vids and its litterally like 2 to 4 fps if that.....but also the sticks I am taking out are the samsung b-die....so....should I worry if the CAS16 arent?

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 1700 OC to 3.78 ghz

32 GBs of DDR4 

Asus Motherboard

NZXR H440 RAZER EDITIONS CASE

Asus Strix GTX 1080

Asus Strix Sound card.  

Thermaltake 850W BRONZE PSU

Just now, Kryten2x4z said:

Yea i've been looking at comparison vids and its litterally like 2 to 4 fps if that.....but also the sticks I am taking out are the samsung b-die....so....should I worry if the CAS16 arent?

No, while still not perfect, Ryzen Memory compatibility is in a MUCH better space than it use to be. B-die was really only necessary when 1st gen Ryzen came out and there was a TON of memory issues and it was determined by the community somewhere that B-dies behaved the best and had the best success in stability on the platform. Now a days, thats really not as much of a necessary thing on Ryzen. And on that subject, the B-die chips are being retired, or are, and replaced by a new die. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card