Pump Advice Needed.

Hi Guys, I'm currently running a 3600 and 1070 with EKWB Fluid gaming line up of parts (GPU + 360 Rad Top Exhaust + CPU + 240 Rad Side intake; loop is in that order)

My GPU temps are fine, however my cpu temps seem abit high (idle 41-54), stress test 75 - 80 degrees (depending on work load) Typically (60 -70 ish under gaming loads etc

I've repasted several times and changed washers (cause the previous ones might be a bit thicker than the manual specified) and while temps have come down abit, I'm still perplexed if these are the kind of cpu temperatures i should be expecting. I am living in a tropical climate where ambient is about 30-32 degrees typically. 

Was wondering if this is caused by low flow rate due to the pump (still using the SPC) or if this really is all normal for this loop.

Any insights/advice would be much appreciated.

Those temps are 100% normal. The 3000 series CPUs are wonky with there voltages at idle, usually sitting in the 1.45v or higher range and coming down under an all core load. My 3700x under full load with a full custom loop is usually in the low 80s as well and sits in the 60-70 range while gaming as well. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Those temps are 100% normal. The 3000 series CPUs are wonky with there voltages at idle, usually sitting in the 1.45v or higher range and coming down under an all core load. My 3700x under full load with a full custom loop is usually in the low 80s as well and sits in the 60-70 range while gaming as well. 

thanks for the reply!

Guess I'm just paranoid about temps especially with how it affects clocks for ryzen.

My 3800x gets similar temps with everything on Auto under a 360/280 rad. Applying a -0.075 offset on the vcor reduced my load temps under CBR20 to 70c and game temps to 57c.

6 hours ago, Ex14 said:

Hi Guys, I'm currently running a 3600 and 1070 with EKWB Fluid gaming line up of parts (GPU + 360 Rad Top Exhaust + CPU + 240 Rad Side intake; loop is in that order)

My GPU temps are fine, however my cpu temps seem abit high (idle 41-54), stress test 75 - 80 degrees (depending on work load) Typically (60 -70 ish under gaming loads etc

I've repasted several times and changed washers (cause the previous ones might be a bit thicker than the manual specified) and while temps have come down abit, I'm still perplexed if these are the kind of cpu temperatures i should be expecting. I am living in a tropical climate where ambient is about 30-32 degrees typically. 

Was wondering if this is caused by low flow rate due to the pump (still using the SPC) or if this really is all normal for this loop.

Any insights/advice would be much appreciated.

The only pump you can change to with your current setup is this (made for fluid) https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-acr-revo-d5-mx 

Your temps seem fine, but you may see higher clocks with a new pump. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.