What are your thoughts on the 3 consoles?

ManOfDisguise

Was watching the latest WAN show and Linus and Luke were talking about the WiiU, their thoughts,PS4,XB1 etc.

So I was just interested in seeing what your thoughts and opinions are on each console? Here are mine(pls dont hate just my OPINION):

Xbox One - this isn't really a gaming console. this is what is marketed as an "All In One Entertainment System" (all in one = the name xbox "one"). The reason I'm not interested in an Xbox One is because its basically a PC. I already have a pretty nice gaming PC and it does everything the Xbox One does, but better. Again Xbox One is imo trying to be more of a compact PC than a "gaming console".

PS4 - imo the PS4 is like the Xbox One but much much more oriented towards the games than the other features. They're basically folowing the PS tradition as their previous consoles had. But Im just not interested in the games. Too many shooters and stuff like that which id rather play with a m/kb and on a monitor using my PC.

WiiU - my thoughts on this are the same as Luke's. This console is not trying to be something else, it's just following it's Nintendo tradition and has awesome games for both hardcore and casual gamers. 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Xbox One - this isn't really a gaming console.

I dare you to say that to a Halo fanboy. ahha :P

As I own all of these consoles I have a better idea than just thoughts on them.

Xbone: Great exclusives.The better online experience. Xbox live value increased, due to Sony competition. Good controller. Looks like a VCR, but the massive heatsink and fan should keep it cool.

PS4: Great exclusives. The second best in online experience. PSN is extremely great value, provided you keep a subscription. Good controller. Best looking out of the three consoles, not sure about heat dissipation., It feels like it runs hotter than my Xbone, and we know what that means. early Xbox 360 adopters know all to well.

WiiU: Great exclusives. It has online, but i don't touch it. Not a fan of the GUI or gamepad/wii remote and nunchuck. The wireless controller isn't bad though.

PC: Still the king when it comes to gaming and multimedia.

Overall I play Xbone and PC the most, then PS4 and WiiU

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I'm personally building the PC as a replacement for the Current Gen consoles (Will post a build log when GPU arrives). When I do finally get it built I plan on having my Wii U plugged into the display. So far its the only console that interests me exclusive wise since I can get 90% of the games released on XBO/PS4 on the PC. If a game gets released that I absolutely MUST play (Such as Kingdom Hearts 3) I may consider getting one of the consoles (Probably PS4).

FYI get a Pro Controller for the Wii U, its more comfortable.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Xbox One - Although the Xbox 360 was unquestionably my favorite console of the last gen Xbox One has some criticisms. The hardware in it for starters is mediocre and I do not think it will last quite as long as X360. I think it would have been wiser to sell them now with extremely slim or even non existent profit margins in order to edge out the PS4. But instead they pushed Kinect and now we have what we have now. Also the exclusive(s?) have lost my interest. Halo 4 was trash and Halo 5 is looking to be worse so it really has killed all of my enthusiasm for MS. However call me elitist but I see paying for Live as a pro instead of a con. You get less whiny kids and babies crying in the background of online games. Plus I feel Xbox Live is more secure than PSN. Finally the xbox 360 controller is unquestionably better than the PS4 controller. Convex sticks would be better but the layout feels much nicer than PS4's

Playstation 4 - The exclusives to Sony have never really caught my eye until The Last of Us. I know they are good games but Uncharted is just not my style really. But the hardware in the PS4 although not by much is actually better than Xbox'x so I have to give them that. However I am irritated they did not do even better to be truly superior. As I covered I do not like the Online network or the controller so the final bit of praise I have is for Sony's exclusives.

WiiU - My favorite console. The hardware is dated, a practically nonexistent online service, updates are slow, and they lock those consoles like fort knox. But damn those exclusives are amazing. Nintendo has Zelda (although the new one looks questionable), Mario, Super Smash Bros, and Metroid. AND it is reverse compatible with Wii titles so everything I liked from Wii are playable on WiiU.

PC - The most versatile (although admittedly pricey) platform. The mouse and keyboard offers powerful, precise, and in my opinion superior input to any controller. With framerates above 30 the PC makes any game a dream to play. although the lack of exclusives is annoying.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Xbox one: At the moment I really don't think this console is worth it.  From what I can see there aren't that many great games for it, you have to pay for the online, and the $500 entry fee along with buying games is definitely turning me off of the Xbox one.  I will say the controller is very nice though.

Ps4: Again the games for it at the moment aren't really anything to write home about and most of the worth while big budget games are already on pc so nothing really there.  Even though it is only $400 with purchasing games it's still a hefty investment for something that doesn't look that great to begin with.

Wii U: Even though the hardware is severely lacking compared to the Xbox one and the Ps4 I think that this is the best console out right now.  It has great games that look wonderful on the system.  I love basically all of the nintendo first party titles so obviously this would be my choice over the other two which I'm predicting will be filled with shooters just like last generation.  

All in all I don't think that the Xbox one and the Ps4 are that impressive and the only way that I could be sold on either is if they had some amazing exclusives and really worth while third party games.  For now the Wii U has the greatest roster of games and will continue to have exceptional nintendo games made for it, and with the lowest price point out of all 3 it's hard to beat.  Note that I own an Xbox 360, Ps3, and a Wii so I am by no means against any of these three consoles. 

WiiU is great for younger people, under the age of 10. PlayStation really upped their game. XBox seems to be trying to hard, and the Kinect interface is just horrible. If there were a way to disable it, I'd have no issue, besides Internet Explorer and Bing.

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

Was watching the latest WAN show and Linus and Luke were talking about the WiiU, their thoughts,PS4,XB1 etc.

So I was just interested in seeing what your thoughts and opinions are on each console? Here are mine(pls dont hate just my OPINION):

Xbox One - this isn't really a gaming console. this is what is marketed as an "All In One Entertainment System" (all in one = the name xbox "one"). The reason I'm not interested in an Xbox One is because its basically a PC. I already have a pretty nice gaming PC and it does everything the Xbox One does, but better. Again Xbox One is imo trying to be more of a compact PC than a "gaming console".

PS4 - imo the PS4 is like the Xbox One but much much more oriented towards the games than the other features. They're basically folowing the PS tradition as their previous consoles had. But Im just not interested in the games. Too many shooters and stuff like that which id rather play with a m/kb and on a monitor using my PC.

WiiU - my thoughts on this are the same as Luke's. This console is not trying to be something else, it's just following it's Nintendo tradition and has awesome games for both hardcore and casual gamers. 

WiiU sucks and the game tablet has a Nintendo DS screen and it scratches easily and stains if you have a white one. I love Xbox 360 but i hate some of the Xbox one features. You have to have the kinect so they can stalk you and it is $500 and up. If I did not hate playstation 3 then i would like the idea of the PS4. The thing where you can join in somone elses game is awesome and if you dont know how then u can watch a tutorial.

apple.com

Disclamer: I do not own any of these consoles.

XB1: Trying to change too much at once. It is the future but you have to take it slow. People don't like change.

PS4: PS3+. It's a more powerful PS3, what most people wanted. When it's 2016/2017 it will be interesting to see if people realize what the Xbone was trying to do.

WiiU: A mistake. The Wii was a sucess because so many none gamer people bought it, then soon realized they don't care for it. Now they're trying to do it again but non-gamers didn't care for their original Wii.

PC: Still the king when it comes to gaming and multimedia.

Multimedia, yes. Games? No way. It certainly is the most powerful option, if you're willing to spend the money and it also is the most versatile, but the games library is seriously lacking. Also, any true gamer will buy whatever system he/she has to get in order to play the games he/she wants to play.

XBOX ONE: Not interested. The library is much too limited, the system too expensive and if I wanted to watch movies, then I'd rather have a much more efficient HTPC or a newer version of the Chromecast thingy.

To me it seems as if the guys at Microsoft didn't really know what they were aiming for.

PS4: Interested, but I'll wait for a price drop. By that time there will be more games available and bargain bins will be stuffed with reasonably priced titles. The last guardian, hopefully. Thank god, there's no region lock. Imo, they got the right formula. Relatively powerful hardware with a focus on games and it looks nice in the living room. Most families will wait for a pricedrop and then happily use the system for about 5 or 6 years. Sony will do well.

WiiU: Very interested. I couldn't care less about the specs, but another pricedrop down to 250€ would be nice. Games like Mario 3D World seem to be a lot of fun and I never played the Wind Waker, when it was available on the GameCube. Mario Kart 8 looks pretty good, too.

However, Nintendo needs to get 3rd party support. Other than that it's a true videogame console and does exactly what it is supposed to do.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Multimedia, yes. Games? No way. It certainly is the most powerful option, if you're willing to spend the money and it also is the most versatile, but the games library is seriously lacking. Also, any true gamer will buy whatever system he/she has to get in order to play the games he/she wants to play.

This.

The consoles are much better "gaming" systems. Much higher player base for all multiplat games, better exclusive games, better support end of story. I play PC for the mouse and keyboard, the graphics aren't an immediate priority since you don't notice them once you're accustomed. I play console because the experience is infinitely more social, streamlined and generally because it's a more "fun" platform. 

Both the One and PS4 are almost the exact same experience. I own both for their respective exclusives. The Wii U needs to die a slow painful death. 

god's love ,Exodus 31:15 , Deuteronomy 17:2-7 , Deuteronomy 13:13-19 , Leviticus 24:16 , Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10 , Leviticus 20:13 , Deuteronomy 21:18-21 , Matthew 18: 7-9 , 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 , 1 Timothy 2:11-12 , Leviticus 25:44, Exodus 21:20 , Titus 2:9 , Isaiah 13:15/16/18 , Hosea 13:16 , Numbers 31:17-18

Really admire Nintendo for the direction they have been taking since WII. Focusing on a small part of the market and just completely focusing on gameplay and basically aiming at the very young segment. Many of who were years away from being a part of the other console market.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.