Enabling G-Sync makes Freesync Samsung QLED Monitor Dim

danforz

All,

I have a Samsung QLED gaming monitor with Freesync. My graphics card is a 1080ti. I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and I enabled G-sync and G-Sync Compatible. It caused my screen to dim, noticeably.  I disabled Gsync, and the panel got brighter. Then I enabled it again and the panel became permanently darker! I had to reinstall my Nvidia drivers to get the monitor's brightness back. 

Clearly, the enabling of gsync is doing something to dim my monitor. I would like gsync compatible on so it can use my monitor's freesync. (I paid for it, after all). Does anyone know about this and have a way around it? 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 4:20 AM, danforz said:

All,

I have a Samsung QLED gaming monitor with Freesync. My graphics card is a 1080ti. I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and I enabled G-sync and G-Sync Compatible. It caused my screen to dim, noticeably.  I disabled Gsync, and the panel got brighter. Then I enabled it again and the panel became permanently darker! I had to reinstall my Nvidia drivers to get the monitor's brightness back. 

Clearly, the enabling of gsync is doing something to dim my monitor. I would like gsync compatible on so it can use my monitor's freesync. (I paid for it, after all). Does anyone know about this and have a way around it? 

Hey I need your help I have a qled and gtx 1080 but don’t have any idea how to enable g-sync. I’m using HDMI 2.0.  What cable do you use to make it work and do you have a link for it?