Problem with chrome

Joel.S

Hey! I have been having a problem with chrome lately. My internet connection is 500/100Mbps with a ping of about 7-9 Ms and I get that speed on all browsers except chrome, on chrome I get the same download and ping but it's limited to 10Mbps. (And no I'm not confusing Mbps and MB/s) Anyone know what the problem might be? Any help would be appreciated.

What speedtest site are you using? Always test with multiple sites, as one test or server can be faulty. I use speedtest.net, fast.com, DSLReports, and my ISPs speedtest.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

17 minutes ago, kirashi said:

What speedtest site are you using? Always test with multiple sites, as one test or server can be faulty. I use speedtest.net, fast.com, DSLReports, and my ISPs speedtest.

I have used speedtest.net and Bredbandskollen (a swedish site) and same issue with both but I can try some other ones. 

6 minutes ago, Joel.S said:

I have used speedtest.net and Bredbandskollen (a swedish site) and same issue with both but I can try some other ones. 

Sounds good. You'll also want to disable the Use a Predictive Service option to prevent Chrome from trying to pre-load your speedtest, causing false results.

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/04/23/missing-chromes-use-a-prediction-service-setting/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)