Aukey USB 3.0 Hub

I have a SanDisk 16GB USB 3.0 flash drive connected to a powered Aukey USB 3.0 hub, which is then plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my ASUS Strix GL703GM laptop running Windows 10 Pro. My issue is that Windows is saying that the USB 3.0 flash drive can perform faster if plugged into USB 3.0, but it already is. The USB hub is 3.0, as is the USB port on the laptop to which the hub is connected. I have isolated the issue to the hub, because when I disconnect the hub, and then connect the 3.0 flash drive to the same 3.0 port on the laptop where the hub was previously connected, it functions as it should. I am trying to avoid having to buy a new hub, but at the moment I see no other solution. ASUS support told me that the ports, which are 3.0, don't support having a hub connected, but I am in IT, and have never heard this before, but maybe they are right, I don't know everything after all. This is why I am reaching out to the greater community for assistance with this issue. I really need the hub to run at 3.0 speeds because I am running some of my applications from USB, but that's another discussion entirely.

Just guessing but it might be the hub itself not supporting proper 3.0 connection

4 hours ago, Pauleft said:

Just guessing but it might be the hub itself not supporting proper 3.0 connection

That is what I am figuring as well, but am hoping that it might not be, becasue that would mean I would have to buy a new USB 3.0 entirely, which I am trying to avoid.