Unified RGB software?

ROBOCRIPPLE

With so many proprietary RGB software for different brands of computer hardware with RGB lighting, I say we're currently living in the Dark Ages of RGB lighting (pun intended?). I heard the Linux community is developing a unified, open standard for RGB products (is it true, or just a rumor?). But while I was looking for a way to control my Corsair LL-series fans via ASUS AURA (though I prefer the other way around), I've found an app called Jacknet RGB Sync. I attempted to install it, but Windows Defender SmartScreen halted me from doing so. Should I install it? Is it any good?

When I have iCUE and CAM enabled at startup, ASUS AURA won't work properly; I can't open the app and the G.SKILL TridentZ memory modules stay at the default rainbow scrolling animation. If I have those two apps disabled at startup, AURA works properly and the TridentZ memory light up in the way I configured them to. Then, if I want my RGB lighting settings for my Corsair LL-series fans, I would have to open iCUE myself. It kinda sucks, but I guess I can live with it.

12 minutes ago, ROBOCRIPPLE said:

With so many proprietary RGB software for different brands of computer hardware with RGB lighting, I say we're currently living in the Dark Ages of RGB lighting (pun intended?). I heard the Linux community is developing a unified, open standard for RGB products (is it true, or just a rumor?). But while I was looking for a way to control my Corsair LL-series fans via ASUS AURA (though I prefer the other way around), I've found an app called Jacknet RGB Sync. I attempted to install it, but Windows Defender SmartScreen halted me from doing so. Should I install it? Is it any good?

When I have iCUE and CAM enabled at startup, ASUS AURA won't work properly; I can't open the app and the G.SKILL TridentZ memory modules stay at the default rainbow scrolling animation. If I have those two apps disabled at startup, AURA works properly and the TridentZ memory light up in the way I configured them to. Then, if I want my RGB lighting settings for my Corsair LL-series fans, I would have to open iCUE myself. It kinda sucks, but I guess I can live with it.

Just use Aura to control the trident Z colors.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

OK, now AURA won't work properly even after I disable iCUE and CAM at startup. If I want to set them up I have to reboot the system from the BIOS settings. 

I had enough of this crap. Back to the 2000s I go... "RGB? Gay!" :( 

I agree we need a universal RGB controller software. The current situation is ridiculous.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900