What build do you think is best here?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

This would be vastly superior for a very similar cost.

If I buy an Elgato HD60 S to récord/stream Nintendo switch gameplay, and possibly ps4 down the road, would this be a good setup?

I was going to build my own PC, but found what I was going to build on eBay already all put together. 

My only concern is the intel processor on all of these, is lower than the requirements on the Elgato website. 

However, I have read that this doesn’t matter for some people who record because it’s only used to record/stream and not play? 

I originally was going to buy a tower, then add GeForce 1650 and a 500GB-1TB SSD on it. It would be $381

This is the tower I was going to buy 

https://www.newegg.com/p/1VK-0001-0H8Z3?item=9SIADZE71V9499

This is the computer all put together with i5 3rd gen. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143186188553

This actually has GTX 1650, but is gen 2

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273354316593

Which do you think is best?

Should I build my own with the GTX 1650 and SSD, or buy one already built to record and stream switch and possibly ps4 gameplay?

For those $400 you can build a brand new ryzen 3 1200 rx 570 system which would be WAY better, have an upgrade path, WAY newer, and way better performing.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I was just looking into Ryzen a minute ago lol. Thanks for this!

Would the 240GB SSD and RX 570 be sufficient for recording and streaming?

i figured 1TB SSD and the GTX 1650 would be better? 

4 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

Would the 240GB SSD and RX 570 be sufficient for recording and streaming?

for streaming, the Elgato is doing the work so you won't need to stress the specs so much. The 240GB SSD will tide you over for a little while, and of course a 1TB hard drive is a drop in upgrade at any time.

4 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

i figured 1TB SSD and the GTX 1650 would be better?

I didn't see a device with a 1TB SSD but even still, the 1650 is a far worse performer than the 570 in gaming.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

for streaming, the Elgato is doing the work so you won't need to stress the specs so much. The 240GB SSD will tide you over for a little while, and of course a 1TB hard drive is a drop in upgrade at any time.

I didn't see a device with a 1TB SSD but even still, the 1650 is a far worse performer than the 570 in gaming.

I was looking into putting the Samsung Evo 1TB SSD in the tower and  I meant Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N105TOC-4GD). 

Sorry, I’m new to all of this so am trying to figure out what’s best. 

Could you tell me how the 570 is better?

i saw the reviews on this 1050 and the 1650 were all better, and people claimed they were faster than anything else they tried. That was why I figured they were better lol. Like I said, I don’t know anything about this. 

1 minute ago, Jarod09942 said:

I was looking into putting the Samsung Evo 1TB SSD in the tower

a bit overpriced, maybe try this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/68c48d/tcsunbow-x3-1-tb-25-solid-state-drive-x3-1tb

1 minute ago, Jarod09942 said:

Could you tell me how the 570 is better?

i saw the reviews on this 1050 and the 1650 were all better, and people claimed they were faster than anything else they tried. That was why I figured they were better lol. Like I said, I don’t know anything about this. 

the 570 is the competitor of the 1060 3GB, the 1050 ti and 1650 are a performance class below it. Where did you read these reviews? "better than anything else they tried" is very non specific, sounds more like user testimonials than actual reviews.

Primary PC:

Yeah, it was on other forums like reddit and whatnot. I just saw a comparison with the 570 and the others, and it definitely outworks them all.

Well, I guess I’m building my first PC! 

Thank you so much for all of this. You’re the man! I’ve looked around and couldn’t find much, and then found this website. I appreciate it all very much, thank you!