PC vs PS4 UK Prices

grangervoldemort
2 hours ago, grangervoldemort said:

Name of site to get legal free AAA games you write about please?

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

The only way to get all those games is to go back in time. You have to visit the Epic Games store weekly to get the free games. Been doing so since it opened back in December of last year.

Almost none of those games you list are AAA....

What I mean is, games of value around ten to twenty to thirty bucks. And even better than AAA imo, quality games. Or as I like to label them, EPIC games. They've completely lived up to their name and I've yet to dish out a single penny on their store.

Is gaming on a PS4 Pro that bad?

Yup. 24-30 fps is that bad. In fact, it's awful. Going below 60 is barely tolerable when you've been playing around double that for the past few years. It may never matter to people that have never laid eyes on it. PC gaming is everything console gaming is not. 

I would get the PS5 when it comes out to replace the PS4 - IF I choose to go down the console gaming route.

That would be a tragic mistake. Console gaming is for peasants. Some games can be fun on console provided they aren't too competitive but more often than not gaming on a console is beyond frustrating. I own many of the exact same games on both console and PC. I try to enjoy almost every single one of them on console on a 4KTV. But you see, the moment I load up the same game in the other room on my PC, it's like a gigantic relief. The difference is night and day.

11 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Yup. 24-30 fps is that bad. In fact, it's awful. Going below 60 is barely tolerable when you've been playing around double that for the past few years. It may never matter to people that have never laid eyes on it. PC gaming is everything console gaming is not. 

FPS is VERY different for consoles. 30FPS is playable on a console but not on a PC. Plenty of discussions about it:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/console-runs-smoother-than-pc-in-30fps-why.2496021/
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/30fps-on-pc-vs-console-why-does-the-latter-always-feel-better.1061621/

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

9 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

FPS is VERY different for consoles. 30FPS is playable on a console but not on a PC. Plenty of discussions about it:

Absolutely no reason to post this in two separate places.