NZXT Kraken X62 lights not working

The RGB lighting in my NZXT Kraken X62 isn't working properly, anymore. I've had this thing for only 6-7 months. It was working fine along with other RGB lighting software (Logitech G HUB, ASUS AURA), before, and when I updated the BIOS of my motherboard (ASUS PRIME x470-PRO) to the latest version (to get ROG Terminal working with AURA), it stopped working properly. The pump still works, I believe (I'm getting 30-40 Celcius and 500+ fan speed, according to CAM), Windows 10 sees it as "NZXT USB Device", and CAM sees it as "Kraken", but the RGB lighting isn't working. At first, the AIO RGB lighting would turn on when I power on my PC, and is synced with my CAM settings, but then the animation froze, soon after. Now, the RGB lighting on the AIO won't turn on at all, after I power on my PC. I checked the connections and everything is hooked up properly, and I'm still having this issue.

I've heard these issues are from CAM and AURA not working well with each other. I don't think that was the issue; it was working along with with AURA and G HUB just fine, before I updated the BIOS. I thought the problem was due to the new BIOS in my mobo. I wanted to downgrade the BIOS from version 5204 back to 0222, but it won't let me go under 4804. Even with version 4804, the RGB lighting in the Kraken won't even light up after I power on my PC.

Also before, I had it plugged into my PSU via a molex-sata power cable. It worked fine like that, before. I could hook it up to another system, my old msi mATX board, to see if the RGB lights on the Kraken would work.

What is wrong with my setup that makes the RGB lighting in my NZXT Kraken to stop working? How do I fix this? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, ROBOCRIPPLE said:

The RGB lighting in my NZXT Kraken X62 isn't working properly, anymore. I've had this thing for only 6-7 months. It was working fine along with other RGB lighting software (Logitech G HUB, ASUS AURA), before, and when I updated the BIOS of my motherboard (ASUS PRIME x470-PRO) to the latest version (to get ROG Terminal working with AURA), it stopped working properly. The pump still works, I believe (I'm getting 30-40 Celcius and 500+ fan speed, according to CAM), Windows 10 sees it as "NZXT USB Device", and CAM sees it as "Kraken", but the RGB lighting isn't working. Before, the AIO RGB lighting would turn on when I power on my PC, and is synced with my CAM settings, but then the animation froze, soon after. Now, the RGB lighting on the AIO won't turn on at all, after I power on my PC. I checked the connections and everything is hooked up properly, and I'm still having this issue.

I've heard these issues are from CAM and AURA not working well with each other. I don't think that was the issue; it was working along with with AURA and G HUB just fine, before I updated the BIOS. I thought the problem was due to the new BIOS in my mobo. I wanted to downgrade the BIOS from version 5204 back to 0222, but it won't let me go under 4804. Even with version 4804, the RGB lighting in the Kraken won't even light up after I power on my PC.

Also before, I had it plugged into my PSU via a molex-sata power cable. I worked fine like that, before. I could hook it up to another system, my old msi mATX board, to see if the RGB lights on the Kraken would work.

What is wrong with my setup that makes the RGB lighting in my NZXT Kraken to stop working? How do I fix this? Thanks.

Also CAM is a very buggy app.  It can be good software for most part but they need a overhaul very buggy.  I still don't see why you should have this issue ?  It should power on your Kraken when you post.  Sure it needs software but it works just fine while booting up or posting.  I hate to cry out RMA ... this is tricky, I mean how often does a light in the pump go bad ya know ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

One time, I had a similar issue with the NZXT Kraken, and I powered on my PC and the RGB lights turned on with the animation, and then the animation froze, soon after booting into Windows. At that time, my USB hub is powered off before powering on my PC, or something...and I was running BIOS version 5204. I might want to play around with my setup to find the culprit, or maybe I have to change something in my BIOS settings...

Disabling Fast Boot fixed my issue with AURA not working properly. Maybe changing something in the BIOS will fix my issue with the NZXT Kraken RGB lighting... I don't want to cry out RMA, either.

10 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Also CAM is a very buggy app.  It can be good software for most part but they need a overhaul very buggy.  I still don't see why you should have this issue ?  It should power on your Kraken when you post.  Sure it needs software but it works just fine while booting up or posting.  I hate to cry out RMA ... this is tricky, I mean how often does a light in the pump go bad ya know ?

They have a new version of CAM, which is in beta. How does it compare to the old version?

• 3 weeks later...

any update or finding on this issue. i also have a asus mother board and am having the freezing animations bug.

I sent my Kraken back to NZXT for RMA, and have replaced it with a Gamerstorm Castle 360EX. I was still having issues with AURA, so I reinstalled Windows. AURA is working properly, again.

Maybe reinstalling Windows will fix the freezing issue with the Kraken, as well? I don't know; haven't tried it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just unplugged and replugged my kraken from its usb while my pc was on, boom its working again. let me know if this works for you

edit: make sure to detect devices in CAM after doing this

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2019 at 6:02 PM, ROBOCRIPPLE said:

The RGB lighting in my NZXT Kraken X62 isn't working properly, anymore. I've had this thing for only 6-7 months. It was working fine along with other RGB lighting software (Logitech G HUB, ASUS AURA), before, and when I updated the BIOS of my motherboard (ASUS PRIME x470-PRO) to the latest version (to get ROG Terminal working with AURA), it stopped working properly. The pump still works, I believe (I'm getting 30-40 Celcius and 500+ fan speed, according to CAM), Windows 10 sees it as "NZXT USB Device", and CAM sees it as "Kraken", but the RGB lighting isn't working. At first, the AIO RGB lighting would turn on when I power on my PC, and is synced with my CAM settings, but then the animation froze, soon after. Now, the RGB lighting on the AIO won't turn on at all, after I power on my PC. I checked the connections and everything is hooked up properly, and I'm still having this issue.

Also before, I had it plugged into my PSU via a molex-sata power cable. It worked fine like that, before. I could hook it up to another system, my old msi mATX board, to see if the RGB lights on the Kraken would work.

im having this same issue with my gf's computer i just built her, i took the working x53 out of my pc bc i got the x73 and now hers will not turn on no matter what...she has the gigabyte a520m motherboard, but even when i put her pc next to mine, and plugged the usb cable into my mobo too see if it was her header, it didnt light up then either so im at a loss of words. 

• 1 year later...
i just solved this problem yesterday (25.5.2022)
what i did yesterday : 
1- update my bios to latest (on asus hero viii x570 wifi)
2- delete CAM with advance uninstall program (mine was Revo Uninstaller) and restart 
3- download the beta version CHOSE a COLOR PROFILE !! and enable Aura Sync 
4- disable start CAM on windows startup and make it always open as admin
4- shutdown pc and cut off electricity for 5 min !
5- send a ticket to NZXT via CAM support (i recived update afte couple of hours)
** wheni open the pc i w8 a bit before start CAM 
and now its perfectly working
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
i tried before to change the cables and connectos
ofc update to latest cam
i was just about to return it to retailer (still on warrenty)