Gigabyte 2080ti Aorus or Gaming OC ?

Decronn
Go to solution Solved by Bloody-George,

Just get the Gaming OC unless you really want the aesthetics of the Aorus card. The Gaming OC one runs very cool, has great performance for 1440p and 4k and it still looks good as hell. And, from what you tell us, it's much cheaper.

Hey there guys, 

I'm planning on building my new rig in a few weeks, but I can't really decide on which GPU I'm going to pick. As mentioned in the title I'm considering both the 2080Ti Aorus Xtreme as well as the 2080Ti Gaming Oc. I think the Aorus Card looks way more appealing then it's Gaming Oc counterpart and certainly offers better performance since it's factoryoverclocked. The main reasons why I hesitate are the added cost of round about 150 bucks here at my place as well as thermals and noise. For all I know the heatsink- and fan design on the Aorus card make it quite a hot and noisy running candidate. 

My question is whether the premium I would have to pay for the Aorus Card is worth it considering the performance boost and aesthetics. (I guess it needs to be mentioned that I plan on using a case which doesn't allow me to verticals mount the GPU without choking it into oblivion thus making me unable to display the GPU 100% properly)

Thx for every Answer in advance

Just get the Gaming OC unless you really want the aesthetics of the Aorus card. The Gaming OC one runs very cool, has great performance for 1440p and 4k and it still looks good as hell. And, from what you tell us, it's much cheaper.

Moonstone -- MSI B450 Tomahawk Ryzen 5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2060 G. OC Pro 6GB • 16GB HyperX Fury Black  Corsair CX550M • Aerocool Cylon

Peripherals: Dell P2719H 27'' @ 1080p + Acer VA270H 27'' @ 1080p • Redragon Mitra RGB Red Switch  Superlux HD681 • Logitech Z207

Storage: WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe SSD + Kingston A400 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Rebound 95 -- PC Chips M519 Socket 7 AT Mobo • Pentium P54C 100Mhz • Cirrus Logic GD3454 1MB GPU • Creative L. Sound Blaster 16 CT2950 • 8MB of RAM

(Check my albums for pictures of the systems)