Please help with a BAD roaming issue.

DBgenerations

ok so i have a rather unique situation, the last few months my wife and i have just been buying an xfinity wifi pass for our internet on our home pc, because well xfinity screwed us over by not installing our service then still billed us so until i pay money i dont owe them i can no longer get actual xfinity service. But my best friend lives right next door(apartment building) and my pc is a foot away from the wall his wireless router is next to, so I have just been paying the $55 a month for 20Mbps internet on my pc.

And for the most part it meets every requirement i have for the moment so i dont mind doing it that way. BUT as of 2 weeks ago my wireless adapter for whatever reason keeps roaming to the other xfinity hotspots, one of which is broken & will not assign an IP address, the other of which crawls at 2Mbps which is definitely not worth $55. I turned my roaming aggressiveness down on my driver to 1, even tried making it connect only to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands separately to see if i can keep it from doing it but it just wont stop roaming to other connections with the same name 'xfinitywifi'.

Does anyone know of a way or some software i can download where i can specify which xfinitywifi hotspot i connect to and keep it from roaming to other ones that are farther away for no reason? any help would be greatly appreciated because Xfinity has already told me they cant do anything about it.

I'm ready to rip my hair out because now ive paid $55 this month for internet that basically is non-functional 99% of the time.

Again thanks for even reading this even if you cant help, i do appreciate it. :)