Dual Booting just isnt going right

I am attempting to dual boot my system currently with any distro of Linux right now, I have tried several. I am not very knowledgeable in this area so if I get something wrong just please let me know. I have an HP Laptop, which I know HP has a slew of BIOS Hoops you have to jump through to get it working, with a Ryzen 5 3500U. I have disabled Secureboot and Tried with both legacy boot enabled and disabled, but every time I go to install a linux Distro, I boot to it and select install on the boot screen, then my screen goes black and does nothing after that. I was told to see if Caps lock key works and when the screen goes black the Caps lock doesn't work. They said it might be a kernal issue and to try a newer Distro like Manjaro but it did the same thing with that.

Does the distro run fine when running the live usb image? Rather than booting straight into the install.

13 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

Does the distro run fine when running the live usb image? Rather than booting straight into the install.

So when I select try *Distro* instead of installing it, it also goes to a black screen