Ubuntu Configuration File Help

What dpkg or apt command that shows you the configuration files in Ubuntu?

If you are looking to get access to any configuration file, you can try this (Ubuntu 12.04);

Open up the terminal manually or with the shortcut "CTRL+ALT+T". Now, depending on the file you want to access, the underlined can change.

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.lst

Or, you can do this and manually find the files;

gksudo gedit

This will open up gedit with sudo control. Next you just navigate your computer for the file/s you are looking for and there you go, access to the config files. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |