New gaming pc

I’m planning on buying a new gaming pc but I’m not sure which one I’ve come up with 2 to chose from:

https://www.compugear.nl/GC8700-16SH-R2080

https://www.compugear.nl/GC9700KF-16SH-R2070

My budget is around 1700/1800 euros I want to use the pc for gaming and I want it to last a couple of years.

(I’m new here so I hope this is the right place for me to be)

The one with the RTX 2080 and i7 8700 is much a much better option for gaming only. A hyper-threaded 6 core processor will also be better for streaming/recording your gamrplays than a 8 core non-hyperthreade one. And since its going to take some time for games to fully utilize 8 cores, a hyper-threaded 6 core like an 8700 or a Ryzen 5 3600 is a better option as it gives some flexibility apart from gaming. Also RTX 2080 is a much better card, slightly more powerful than RTX 2070 SUPER as well.

So clearly i7 8700 with the RTX 2080 is the way to go.

Also if you want to build a custom PC then you can get something much better for that budget.

Neither is a good choice.

The H310 chipset is intended for low-end entry level systems.

Memory in both systems is suboptimal as the stock speed of the memory controllers is DDR4-2666. Without memory timings it is not possible to comment further on memory.

The cpu cooler of the i7-9700KF build strikes me as totally inadequate.

No model information is provided for storage or psu making intelligent comments impossible.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Have you ever thought about building your own system?

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:42 PM, Thready said:

Have you ever thought about building your own system?

I’ve been thinking about it but I’m not sure I’m not really good at choosing what I want if I have to choose I want all of it ? 

6 minutes ago, Th0master said:

I’ve been thinking about it but I’m not sure I’m not really good at choosing what I want if I have to choose I want all of it ? 

Easy to put a build together on pcpartpicker. Also Ryzen is better value for money.

8 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Easy to put a build together on pcpartpicker. Also Ryzen is better value for money.

ehm... okay... what do you recommend for a gaming pc my budget is 1700-1800 euros 

As I said, a cutom PC can give you much better value for the price and you can grab something like this for €1800.

Generated from PCPartpicker Netherlands

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€338.95 @ Megekko) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  (€66.90 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€124.95 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€86.00 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€92.00 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Computer 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€64.99 @ Paradigit) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (€799.00 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P350X ATX Mid Tower Case  (€69.95 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€107.00 @ Megekko) 
Total: €1749.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-05 23:31 CEST+0200

1 hour ago, Th0master said:

ehm... okay... what do you recommend for a gaming pc my budget is 1700-1800 euros 

^^Good build posted above by Blind X. 

Here is a cheaper option if you want to save a bit of money. The gpu isn't as strong as the 2080 Super, but it is a very capable card for 1080p/1440p.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€338.95 @ Megekko) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler  (€49.90 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€124.95 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€92.95 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€115.95 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Toshiba P300 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€72.95 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (€459.00 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€85.00 @ Paradigit) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€75.99 @ Megekko) 
Total: €1415.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-06 00:08 CEST+0200

38 minutes ago, Blind X said:

4 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

FYI, Pcpartpicker netherlands and De suck, use tweakers pricewatch and geizhals.de respectively for price instead

And 660p>mx500 ?

48 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

FYI, Pcpartpicker netherlands and De suck, use tweakers pricewatch and geizhals.de respectively for price instead

And 660p>mx500 ?

The 660p isn't that good though for an NVMe SSD that is why it is always so cheap. If you are going for one of those then get something better like a Corsair MP510, ADATA SX8200 Pro, HP EX950, WD Black or Sabrent Rocket etc. It won't make much difference anyway for gaming so SATA is fine.

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The 660p isn't that good though for an NVMe SSD that is why it is always so cheap. If you are going for one of those then get something better like a Corsair MP510, ADATA SX8200 Pro, HP EX950, WD Black or Sabrent Rocket etc. It won't make much difference anyway for gaming so SATA is fine.

cheaper than mx500,infact, and does better htan mx500 on all consumer important benches...

10 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

cheaper than mx500,infact, and does better htan mx500 on all consumer important benches...

Depends on prices in the Netherlands. The Sabrent Rocket is about 14 Euros more than the 660p on the German pcpartpicker (Not listed on those two sites you mentioned as far as I can see), so that is a better buy if he wants an NVMe SSD. As he is only gaming it isn't really going to make much of a difference.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:55 AM, Th0master said:

Thank you both I will look in too it 

You have an entire community here to support you as you build it. Ask us anything. There is no such thing as a stupid question either. Trust me whatever problem you run into, we've run into ourselves. 

I wouldn't spend 1800 on my first system though. I would use air cooling. I would buy a midrange CPU like a Ryzen 3600, and then with the money you save you can buy a RTX 2070 which is a good card.  

You do not need to spend an arm and a leg to get good performance. 

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count.