Need a final answer about my build

sagihabusha

hey all im asking again

so im gonna buy a new pc next week

the main goal for this pc is music production with Ableton & Cubase, video & photo editing with Adobe software and ittle bit of gaming like citis skyline and Sims

im gonna game alot mostly game like citis skyline cuz i can play iit with mouse all by myself i use my pc with my eyes i have muscular dystrophy, only when my friends come we will play AC, COD and that game but it once a 2 weeks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory CL18 or G.Skill- 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz CL17 Trident Z RGB (thats what i can get on my country, mybe 16x2 kit but same CL)

Storage: Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 4 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card

Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair AX 850 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fan: Corsair LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fan

so is it ok?

note that i also have a plex server

and i love fancy & RGB dont like gigabyte MB style only ROG, we have only gigabyte and asus MB on my country

2 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

fancy & RGB thats why i dont use gigabye

go and say sorry to gigabyte

3_Gigabyte-X570-AORUS-ELITE-moederbord.jpg.8b814eb56272a4c3a5a1eafe8edd6a37.jpg

3 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

3600Mhz CL17 Trident Z RGB

do you have it in 3000+ mhz cl14?

Storage: Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME

unnecessary

4 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

Samsung 860 Pro 4 tb

you can also just split in 1tb/2tb drives so you come out cheaper.

24 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory CL18 or G.Skill- 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz CL17 Trident Z RGB (thats what i can get on my country, mybe 16x2 kit but same CL)

When it comes to memory, i'd always pick the lower CL at the same speed. I do not know if you might want to start to use adobe etc. more heavily in the future or start rendering or something of that sorts (which requires memory) i would pick the 2x16gb over the 4x8. If you do not a 4x8 is just fine.

26 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

Like @LukeSavenije so gentle said, this might be a bit overkill. However, i do not know exactly why you opted for these. Can you explain your reasoning for picking these?

37 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

and i love fancy & RGB

Since you like that. Would the Masterfan from Coolermaster not be an option with an 360mm rad? Should fit in your case.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

18 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

Would the Masterfan from Coolermaster not be an option with an 360mm rad? Should fit in your case.

Air pressure is really low on that

57 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

-snip-

You cannot buy a singular LL120 and have it work, you need the RGB LED Hub and the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro. The pack of 3 fans comes with 1 RGB LED Hub and 1 Lighting Node Pro. Two RGB LED Hubs can be connected to One Lighting Node Pro(or the Commander Pro for that matter, it's just a Lighting Node Pro with fan headers), and 6 fans can be connected to one RGB LED Hub.

Basically the connections go like this

Fan RGB cable -> RGB LED Hub -> Lighting Node Pro -> SATA Power + Motherboard USB connection

Fan PWM cable plugs into motherboard as usual

10 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Perhaps, but a 360mm rad for just the cpu should be fine?

i'm using a 240mm rad to cool the 1700 and rarely revs up.

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

1 hour ago, sagihabusha said:

hey all im asking again

so im gonna buy a new pc next week

the main goal for this pc is music production with Ableton & Cubase, video & photo editing with Adobe software and ittle bit of gaming like citis skyline and Sims

im gonna game alot mostly game like citis skyline cuz i can play iit with mouse all by myself i use my pc with my eyes i have muscular dystrophy, only when my friends come we will play AC, COD and that game but it once a 2 weeks

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory CL18 or G.Skill- 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz CL17 Trident Z RGB (thats what i can get on my country, mybe 16x2 kit but same CL)

Power Supply: Corsair AX 850 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fan: Corsair LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fan

so is it ok?

note that i also have a plex server

and i love fancy & RGB thats why i dont use gigabye MB, we have only gigabyte and asus MB on my country

change psu to evga p2 750 platinum, ram to 3200mhz 16x2 team vulcan, vga to 2080ti. absolutely gorgeous for 1440p/4k city building gaming.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

do you have it in 3000+ mhz cl14?

no.. 

unnecessary

why? i will take MP600 or Aorus the 5$ diffrent betwin them

you can also just split in 1tb/2tb drives so you come out cheaper.

in my country the coast of 2TB is half the price so 4TB will be the same

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

why? i will take MP600 or Aorus the 5$ diffrent betwin them

why would you? there's no benefit to be had for 99% here

1 hour ago, _d0nut said:

You cannot buy a singular LL120 and have it work, you need the RGB LED Hub and the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro. The pack of 3 fans comes with 1 RGB LED Hub and 1 Lighting Node Pro. Two RGB LED Hubs can be connected to One Lighting Node Pro(or the Commander Pro for that matter, it's just a Lighting Node Pro with fan headers), and 6 fans can be connected to one RGB LED Hub.

Basically the connections go like this

Fan RGB cable -> RGB LED Hub -> Lighting Node Pro -> SATA Power + Motherboard USB connection

Fan PWM cable plugs into motherboard as usual

the obsiden 500D se comes with command pro and node isnt it?

1 hour ago, Caennanu said:

Like @LukeSavenije so gentle said, this might be a bit overkill. However, i do not know exactly why you opted for these. Can you explain your reasoning for picking these?

well all music production guys that work with me and collab told me that the software like ableton & cubase requairs SSD to maximize the performance of the software and for smooth work with all sort of plugins, so the 2TB nVme will be for the music, windows, premier, photoshop and the 4TB will be for my plex server, my music samples, games.. and i choose the aorus cuz it gen 4 and its awsome read & writ speed..

25 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

well all music production guys that work with me and collab told me that the software like ableton & cubase requairs SSD to maximize the performance of the software and for smooth work with all sort of plugins, so the 2TB nVme will be for the music, windows, premier, photoshop and the 4TB will be for my plex server, my music samples, games.. and i choose the aorus cuz it gen 4 and its awsome read & writ speed..

to be honest, i fear that it won't be as much noticable as you might think for the price you pay for it.

If you ask me, a regular SSD is just fine for running applications on. 1TB SSD should be more than sufficient.

Same thing with the 4TB for the plex server. It will impact load times mainly, unless you wish to edit straight off the plex server.

Asuming the plex server is a standalone, you may also want to upgrade your network to sustain higher transfer speeds.

Else you might want to consider a compromise with SSHD drive, like a Firecuda.

Just now, Caennanu said:

to be honest, i fear that it won't be as much noticable as you might think for the price you pay for it.

If you ask me, a regular SSD is just fine for running applications on. 1TB SSD should be more than sufficient.

Same thing with the 4TB for the plex server. It will impact load times mainly, unless you wish to edit straight off the plex server.

Asuming the plex server is a standalone, you may also want to upgrade your network to sustain higher transfer speeds.

Else you might want to consider a compromise with SSHD drive, like a Firecuda.

so ill take 1TB aorus insted 2TB?

instead of edit:

As a personal experience, thinking the exact same as you, i too bought an NVME drive when i build my current pc. So an NVME and SSD, the NVME was ment for the OS and the SSD for my data / games disk.

As it happened, the NVME wasn't in stock at the time and i received that 2 weeks later than the parts for the rest of the pc, so obviously as i couldn't wait i build the pc and put everything on the SSD. Both windows and all applications and games and i was happy. The NVME came in 2 weeks later, i install that one and do a complete re-install of the system. As i had 500/500 fiber at the time, i couldn't really care much about saving all the data from games like the 100gb steam installs.

Thats when i got a little surprised, i literally noticed no difference in boot or load times between the SSD and the NVME drive. While the NVME drive was much more expensive.

Just now, Caennanu said:

instead of edit:

As a personal experience, thinking the exact same as you, i too bought an NVME drive when i build my current pc. So an NVME and SSD, the NVME was ment for the OS and the SSD for my data / games disk.

As it happened, the NVME wasn't in stock at the time and i received that 2 weeks later than the parts for the rest of the pc, so obviously as i couldn't wait i build the pc and put everything on the SSD. Both windows and all applications and games and i was happy. The NVME came in 2 weeks later, i install that one and do a complete re-install of the system. As i had 500/500 fiber at the time, i couldn't really care much about saving all the data from games like the 100gb steam installs.

Thats when i got a little surprised, i literally noticed no difference in boot or load times between the SSD and the NVME drive. While the NVME drive was much more expensive.

money isnt the problem in this build, ill get the aorus 1TB insted 2TB and 4TB SSD 

is the outher things ok?

1 minute ago, sagihabusha said:

money isnt the problem in this build, ill get the aorus 1TB insted 2TB and 4TB SSD 

is the outher things ok?

Yeah everything looks just fine really. Just don't want you to spend big money for minimal performance upgrades.

Rather you spend it on a Ti version of the 2080 if anything.

Only other thing up here what was mentioned is the power supply.

Since i do not know what is available in your region, please check the following post for advice on which psu you should get.

Just now, Caennanu said:

Yeah everything looks just fine really. Just don't want you to spend big money for minimal performance upgrades.

Rather you spend it on a Ti version of the 2080 if anything.

Only other thing up here what was mentioned is the power supply.

Since i do not know what is available in your region, please check the following post for advice on which psu you should get.

i can get Corsair AX850 850W Fully Modular PSU 80+ Titanium or Corsair AX860 860W Modular PSU 80+ Platinum

btw what about the LL FAN? it will work on the 500D se? 

2 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

btw what about the LL FAN? it will work on the 500D se? 

I do not know. @_d0nut please advice ;)

i can get Corsair AX850 850W Fully Modular PSU 80+ Titanium or Corsair AX860 860W Modular PSU 80+ Platinum

Both work, i can't recommend one over the other. 

2 hours ago, Caennanu said:

When it comes to memory, i'd always pick the lower CL at the same speed. I do not know if you might want to start to use adobe etc. more heavily in the future or start rendering or something of that sorts (which requires memory) i would pick the 2x16gb over the 4x8. If you do not a 4x8 is just fine.

i can get only this Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory CL18 or G.Skill with CL17

Just now, Caennanu said:

I do not know. @_d0nut please advice ;)

Both work, i can't recommend one over the other. 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  
Storage: Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit 
Rear Case Fan: Corsair LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fan

is it ok now ?

Looks ok to me!

@Herman Mcpootis @MeatFeastMan @GoldenLag

Just now, sagihabusha said:

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit 
Rear Case Fan: Corsair LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fan

is it ok now ?

you have anything to add or change?

51 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

would swap to the gigabyte board mentioned earlier. 

edit: in other words, this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZRBhP6/gigabyte-x570-aorus-master-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-aorus-master

get a whole bunch of Micron 1100 or mx500 instead at 2TB each. then just raid them together. 

grab a Sabrent Rocket 4.0, the one with the heatsink instead. whichever is cheaper really. its totally worthless really. early PCIe 4.0 drives arent super special 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

would swap to the gigabyte board mentioned earlier. 

i prefer asus board cuz the RGB

i prefer asus board cuz the RGB

i mean, if you want the worse board for some lighting, im not gonna stop you, because its not a bad board. 

Spoiler

X570 AORUS MASTER(1.0)

is there a lack of RGB im missing or?

Just now, GoldenLag said:

, if you want the worse board for some lighting, im not gonna stop you, because its not a bad board. 

Strix-E or hero?