BIOS Flashback for Ryzen 3000?

So I'm looking into a budget build, and want to go for a ryzen 3 3200G.

Great processor for the money, but scince it is third gen (Zen 2) It needs a BIOS update Before using it with a b450 mobo and I don't have a spare cpu.

I know that AMD offers a program for a free cpu loan, but I dont want to go through that hassle.

Looking at some MSI B450 Mobos (MSI Tomowak to be specifc) and I Saw The BIOS flashback feature where you can update the BIOS without a cpu and just power and a formatted USB stick with the BIOS revison on it. 

So i could get this mobo's bios updated without the processor?

4 minutes ago, murtz said:

So i could get this mobo's bios updated without the processor?

yes

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

That's the claim yes. I've only seen a handful of boards support it. I wish it was a much more common feature than it is.

Correct, any of the motherboards that have bios flashback you can update the bios without a cpu. You just need the new bios and a usb drive. Follow the directions on the website and it should work out fine.

Keep in mind that some of the boards are already shipping with the new bios installed, or you depending on where you get it you can request to have the bios updated before they ship it to you.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

That's the claim yes. I've only seen a handful of boards support it. I wish it was a much more common feature than it is.

Im pretty sure the MSI b450 tomahwak supports it, not 100% pourcent sure though, parranoid me dosent want to get stcuk with the old bios

1 minute ago, murtz said:

Im pretty sure the MSI b450 tomahwak supports it

It does. Says it on the motherboards support page. (10th bullet down)

ok thx very much guys, apreciate ur help

That is correct some boards come with a flashback feature which means that you can enter the boards bios without a processor in the boards socket. Some distributors such as Microcenter update there boards aswell you can ask them if it isn't to update it too I believe.