How do deal with ze vibrationsss

KurtA

Hi everyone. Built my new system around Dec and my case rests on the desktop itself. Instantly I could sense there was a lot of vibrations coming from the case, a Corsair Obsidian 750d. Even a very faint, metallic zzzzz is audible. I thought it was from the psu, but it turned out that when I press on the side window, the sound dampens. I also noticed that you could feel the vibrations on the side window. Is there anything I can do to reduce these vibrations?

Specs

Intel 4670K i5

Asus GTX770

Corsair CX750M

8Gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile (2x4GB)

samsung evo series 840 256gb ssd

WD Caviar Black 1tb hdd

win 8.1

i5 4670k - ASUS GTX770 - ASUS Maximus VI Hero - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - Corsair 750W PSU - Corsair 750D - WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD - 256GB Samsung EVO 265

This is usually caused by an out of balance fan. If you reach in and touch the hub of each fan you should be able to isolate which fan is the culprit. Then it is just a matter of replacing the failed fan.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

If it is a failed fan you could give Corsair a ring and they will send a free replacement fan. Atleast that's what they did with my 600t

"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey".... Yeah

-The Doctor

This is usually caused by an out of balance fan. If you reach in and touch the hub of each fan you should be able to isolate which fan is the culprit. Then it is just a matter of replacing the failed fan.

turns out its not the fans, but my 2 mechanical hdds. I stacked the 2 x3 hdd cages on top of each other near the front intake fans, and the whole mount is buzzing. I have a new WD caviar black and a 6 yr old hitachi 500gb. Can I do something to dampen this noise?

i5 4670k - ASUS GTX770 - ASUS Maximus VI Hero - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - Corsair 750W PSU - Corsair 750D - WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD - 256GB Samsung EVO 265

turns out its not the fans, but my 2 mechanical hdds. I stacked the 2 x3 hdd cages on top of each other near the front intake fans, and the whole mount is buzzing. I have a new WD caviar black and a 6 yr old hitachi 500gb. Can I do something to dampen this noise?

I could have told you that in the beginning. Hitashi drives aren't really stable ones. My spare causes really big vibration and so does Samsung F3 also. Aside that, way to make HDDs quieter is to use rubber mounting. I'd assume the case has some, but if not then buy o-rings or some anti-vibration kit. I use Scythe's one and it has reduced vibrations from F3 to 1/3. If your case has rubber mounts, then move two drives more apart from eachother. If you aren't using both all the time, make one or both to sleep while not in use.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 11 months later...

i know im late to the party here but, i too own a 750D. the vibration noises have been driving me up the wall lately. i've narrowed it down to 2-3 locations in my build. 

1. the side panel, but only once in a blue moon and it i touch it, it seems to fix it.
  2. The drive bay(s)
  3. the worst, but for some reason i couldn't pin point it until now. the PSU fan filter!​

take a look at #3 if you're still having a problem.

• CPU: AMD FX-8350   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3(rev 4.0)   RAM: 8GBs of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz   GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU   Case: Corsair 750D   Storage: Adata 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU: Corsair 750w   Display(s): [ASUS VG248QE 144Hz], [ASUS VE247H]   Cooling: Corsair H100i   Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70   Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013.