PSU For a Sleek Black/Red Build

MangoJuiceStain

I'm looking to build a new rig and I'm using a  750D, a Maximus VI Hero, and a GTX 770 DirectCU II so you can probably tell that its a black and red configuration. I need a sleek 600W+ FULLY modular PSU with an 80+ certification that matches it. I looked at the AX series by corsair and they look really sexy, but they cost too much. The PSU NEEDS to be sleek and black. Thanks.

How much are you willing to spend if the AX series is too much? Its going to be near impossible to get everything you need.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

How much are you willing to spend if the AX series is too much? Its going to be near impossible to get everything you need.

The AX760 costs $200 here in Canada and that's crazy. I'd be willing to spend up to $150.00 maximum

The AX760 costs $200 here in Canada and that's crazy. I'd be willing to spend up to $150.00 maximum

Alright, sorry. My ignorant self overlooked the fact that youre from canada. Honestly, I would say wait for it to be on sale. Its probably worth it. The only other option would be a RM series one. Remove the sticker or paint it red.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Alright, sorry. My ignorant self overlooked the fact that youre from canada. Honestly, I would say wait for it to be on sale. Its probably worth it. The only other option would be a RM series one. Remove the sticker or paint it red.

OK, thanks anyways.

RM Series aren't that good. 

"Rawr XD"

It's hard to find one that's both fully modular and red themed besides the AX series. If you're willing to go semi-modular give the High Current Gamer 620w or EVGA NEX750B a look (EVGA even has red PCIe cables which look really nice with a red themed video card)

"Rawr XD"

Evga's power supplys have black and red cables along with a beautiful wrinkle black finish on them

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

You either get a decent PSU and sleeve it your self or Get yourself AX860. Hmm....  :rolleyes:

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

The Antec HCG line is black and red. But if you are looking for something better, try looking for a an completely black Seasonic unit with some red sleeving.

Also, if the red cables are too flashy, Silverstone makes some dual colour extensions. If not, you'll have to go custom sleeving.

I'm looking to build a new rig and I'm using a  750D, a Maximus VI Hero, and a GTX 770 DirectCU II so you can probably tell that its a black and red configuration. I need a sleek 600W+ FULLY modular PSU with an 80+ certification that matches it. I looked at the AX series by corsair and they look really sexy, but they cost too much. The PSU NEEDS to be sleek and black. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-Strider-Modular-ST65F-G/dp/B009FU2A2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391279585&sr=8-1&keywords=silverstone+650+watt+psu

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

RM Series aren't that good. 

EVGA NEX750B a look (EVGA even has red PCIe cables which look really nice with a red themed video card)

The RM is better than the NEX750B. It's internally-based on the FSP Raider 750w unit. Basically, this one: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/01/03/fsp_raider_750w_power_supply_review/9#.Uu1Jz7Qa5CQ

The RM is better than the NEX750B. It's internally-based on the FSP Raider 750w unit. Basically, this one: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/01/03/fsp_raider_750w_power_supply_review/9#.Uu1Jz7Qa5CQ

I'm aware, but the NEX750B has a nice color scheme to match the build. It's one of the only red/black PSUs that go for the price besides the HCG.

"Rawr XD"

I'm aware, but the NEX750B has a nice color scheme to match the build. It's one of the only red/black PSUs that go for the price besides the HCG.

I quoted you because you say the RM series isn't all that great, and yet immediately afterwards recommended an entry level PSU that is far worse than it - a group regulated platform that offer horrible voltage regulation, where three of the four +12v is edging at ATX specs while one of them violated it.

Even though it match his color scheme doesn't mean a unit of that caliber should be recommended. The NEX750G / 650G is based on a different design. While it isn't comparible to the RM series in repect to performance, it still a better PSU than the FSP Raider based unit that also have the red and black color scheme. The HCG-620M would be a better option than it as well.

A possible option he may be able to go with if he doesn't mind gray lettering is the XFX XTR PSUs. It's internally based on the Seasonic G unit with a FDB fan and full modularity.

Why fully modular and not semi?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are you going to have a LED strip, or any red LED fans?

Cause if so I'd just go with a Corsair RM650, the LED would make the golden text appear red. Or you could just peel of the sticker.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync