Switching SSDs in laptop

Hey guys! I bought a new laptop the HP Pavilion 15-CS1004NE Laptop – Core i7 1.8GHz 16GB 256GB 4GB Win10 15.6inch FHD Mineral Silver. It has a 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD  2which i want to switch out for a 1tb SSD, what kind of ssd should I looks for in size and all. 

Please do help me out as I really don't understand much about laptops and ssd form factors. 

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Lucifer02 said:

Hey guys! I bought a new laptop the HP Pavilion 15-CS1004NE Laptop – Core i7 1.8GHz 16GB 256GB 4GB Win10 15.6inch FHD Mineral Silver. It has a 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD  2which i want to switch out for a 1tb SSD, what kind of ssd should I looks for in size and all. 

Please do help me out as I really don't understand much about laptops and ssd form factors. 

Thank you!

The M.2 slot is likely M-keyed and can only secure 2280 sized M.2 drives. So as long as you get something with an M-key and is 2280 sized, which most are of this size, then it should be fine.

The M.2 SSD being SATA or NVMe doesn't really matter. While NVMe on paper is faster than SATA, you won't really notice a difference in practice.

17 minutes ago, Lucifer02 said:

Thank you!

I would definitely check the physical NVME that you have to make sure you know the size compatible. and know the 'Key' 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GCL6BR4

https://www.adorama.com/ctmx5001tbm2.html?utm_source=rflaid912925

I personally do notice a difference with 500mb/s(sata) compared with 1500 or 3500(NVME)....but I am a Heavy Power User

Why don't add a 2.5 inch SATA SSD?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128