Is it Bottlenecking

Job Joe
3 minutes ago, Job Joe said:

Does a Intel i7-9700K with a RTX 2060 Alright? 

It's more than alright, you can even get an RTX 2080 Ti with that CPU (not that you should)

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

(plus headset/speakers and external DAC+AMP)

Bottle-necking is a hard subject.......matching price/perf for all your parts is an important step...

buying a 1500$+ comp and not having a dedicated sound solution is a 'bottleneck' for your experience of the build's capabilities. 

The above build is matched together for price/perf of the current market

you could swap to a 2080Ti and even if you are gonna OC the Higher end i7 or i9 you are going to see very similar gaming performance. 

1 minute ago, thx1138 said:

Bottle-necking is a hard subject.......matching price/perf for all your parts is an important step...

buying a 1500$+ comp and not having a dedicated sound solution is a 'bottleneck' for your experience of the build's capabilities. 

WHAT the hek!!!! Is that reply????

Trolling???? For sure!!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

8 minutes ago, Job Joe said:

You are fine, i run it with the 2070....

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

9 minutes ago, Constantin said:

WHAT the hek!!!! Is that reply????

Trolling???? For sure!!!!

??

Bottle-necking... is the concept of paying for performance/experience and having a section/part holding you back from the best experience that all of your hardware is truly capable of.

Like having a 720p monitor with a 2080Ti

or paying for a 500$+ video card...while using built-in monitor speakers. instead of headset/decent speakers

you are wasting your money on enhancing the experience...in an extremely inefficient way. and that is lacking....

again...like buying a 1000 horsepower car......for Hawaii.......or putting 100$ tires on it.......

??

Bottle-necking... is the concept of paying for performance/experience and having a section/part holding you back from the best experience that your hardware is truly capable of.

Like having a 720p monitor with a 2080Ti

or paying for a 500$+ video card...while using built-in monitor speakers.

you are wasting your money on enhancing the experience...in an extremely inefficient way.

we all know what a bottleneck is!!!

OP asked a specific question about one CPU and one GPU.

And you throw as a reply a page with a totally different set up....... 

5 minutes ago, Constantin said:

we all know what a bottleneck is!!!

OP asked a specific question about one CPU and one GPU.

And you throw as a reply a page with a totally different set up....... 

I was using it as an example....and most people actually don't understand bottlenecking at all....which is why Linus and co talk about it........if everyone knew...then they wouldn't of made the videos...

the tech quickie has over 500k views...of Everyone....that didn't know....

and since op didn't know that the 8700k wouldn't bottleneck the 2060....then they I can guess...that they don't know...

I was using it as an example....and most people actually don't understand bottlenecking at all....which is why Linus and co talk about it........if everyone knew...then they wouldn't of made the videos...

Bottleneck is BS, my old set up was, an i5 3550 with a GTX 1080Ti. everything was running just fine!!!!

Bottleneck is a CPU 15 years old with a 2080Ti

3 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Bottleneck is BS, my old set up was, an i5 3550 with a GTX 1080Ti. everything was running just fine!!!!

Bottleneck is a CPU 15 years old with a 2080Ti

it really depends on the specific game......or program.

I bought 16gb of RAM and 4+gb of VRAM years before they were recommended because they bottle necked my specific games/workload.
I also have an 8 core, which i need for my multi-tasking.....while everyone was saying 4 core is fine....

I also leave my comp on for weeks/months on end...and thus boot times don't matter to me...However...my modded games that take 25 seconds on each load screen....taking that down to under 10 with a SSD for my gaming library...fixed that 'bottleneck' 

...its a little hard to explain in English...because being a trade language its not good with concepts.

it just really depends......These new builders just want to know if they are leaving performance on the table with some of the pairings they go with...generally speaking.

56 minutes ago, Job Joe said:

Thats imbalanced spending.

Get a r5 3600 and then the best GPU you can get. Probably something along the lines of a 5700 xt or 2070s. 

Where are you located?

What is your budget?

Usecase?

Usually for reference you want to spend around double the cost of your cpu on your graphics card