Is this enough for streaming

So I'm a streamer and I'm wondering if a ryzen 5 2600 is enough to stream at 1080p assuming my internet is good enough or should I go for the ryzen 2700 which is $50 more? I mostly only play fortnite.

6 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Whats ur Gpu 90% of streamers use gpu encoding right now not the cpu 

Upgrading to a rx 590 soon

For just Fortnite, you'll be fine with a Ryzen 5 2600.

If you were streaming multithreaded games like Destiny 2, it would make more sense to invest in a good Nvidia GPU to take advantage of NVENC encoding.

EDIT: also gonna point out that Twitch doesn't let you stream at 1080p until you reach affiliate anyway, so there's no real point in shooting for 1080p streaming until you reach affiliate(assuming you haven't already).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, LilPach said:

Upgrading to a rx 590 soon

Could u go for a nivida gpu ? a gtx 1660ti or 2060 would be alot better for streaming cause u could use nvenc and do not have to worry about cpu usage 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

For just Fortnite, you'll be fine with a Ryzen 5 2600.

If you were streaming multithreaded games like Destiny 2, it would make more sense to invest in a good Nvidia GPU to take advantage of NVENC encoding.

Thank you, while streaming will I be able to be at a constant 144 fps since i do have a 144 hz monitor I would have a rx 590 gpu?

1 minute ago, LilPach said:

Thank you, while streaming will I be able to be at a constant 144 fps since i do have a 144 hz monitor I would have a rx 590 gpu?

I would assume so. I've never targeted anything higher than 80Hz personally, much less tried streaming while trying to push that.

From what I remember, Fortnite is largely singlethreaded, so you should be fine for the most part. I don't see an RX 590 struggling to push 144 FPS.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

3 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Could u go for a nivida gpu ? a gtx 1660ti or 2060 would be alot better for streaming cause u could use nvenc and do not have to worry about cpu usage 

While these options make some sense, I wouldn't consider either a worthwhile purchase if OP is just streaming a singlethreaded game like Fortnite.

Even with a Ryzen 5 2600, that still leaves plenty of cores available for encoding.

While these options make some sense, I wouldn't consider either a worthwhile purchase if OP is just streaming a singlethreaded game like Fortnite.

Even with a Ryzen 5 2600, that still leaves plenty of cores available for encoding.

I could get one of those gpus its just that I have a freesync monitor so a nvidia gpu doesnt take advantage of that.

Just now, LilPach said:

I could get one of those gpus its just that I have a freesync monitor so a nvidia gpu doesnt take advantage of that.

One of the more recent driver updates for 10-series and higher cards let them take advantage of FreeSync from what I recall.

Either way, your CPU will be fine for encoding and playing Fortnite.

As a twitch streamer myself i can tell u u dont want cpu encoding i have a i7 8700k running at 5ghz and if i use cpu encoding i get frame drops in lol from time to time ^^ While using the gtx 1080 the game goes smooth af :D The only way i can fix the frame drops while using cpu is going into task manager and assign cores to obs/lol 

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

One of the more recent driver updates for 10-series and higher cards let them take advantage of FreeSync from what I recall.

Either way, your CPU will be fine for encoding and playing Fortnite.

Sounds good ill look into the gpus which one do you recommend around the price of a rx 590

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

The only way i can fix the frame drops while using cpu is going into task manager and assign cores to obs/lol 

Sounds like a problem solved for the most part.

LoL and other RTS games are more CPU intensive, so it makes sense that you'd have frame drops :)

SInglethreaded games like Minecraft and Fortnite can be easily encoded from a CPU, however.

For multithreaded games like Destiny 2(which I primarily stream), I definitely choose NVENC as well.

Sounds good ill look into the gpus which one do you recommend around the price of a rx 590

How mutch is a rx590 in your country ? 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

How mutch is a rx590 in your country ? 

200$

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

LoL and other RTS games are more CPU intensive, so it makes sense that you'd have frame drops :)

SInglethreaded games like Minecraft and Fortnite can be easily encoded from a CPU, however.

For multithreaded games like Destiny 2(which I primarily stream), I definitely choose NVENC as well.

Ye but lets be honest do u want to do that before every stream hahah :D idk for me cpu encoding is dead its just a mess ^^ 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Ye but lets be honest do u want to do that before every stream hahah :D idk for me cpu encoding is dead its just a mess ^^ 

From what I recall, once you assign cores in task manager, you don't have to set them back.

Since I pretty much only stream Destiny 2, I leave my OBS on NVENC.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

From what I recall, once you assign cores in task manager, you don't have to set them back.

Since I pretty much only stream Destiny 2, I leave my OBS on NVENC.

Really ? lul for me it always resets the moment i shut down my pc 

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I currently have a ryzen 5 1600 is it even worth upgrading or is that sufficient for 1080p streaming

Just now, LilPach said:

I currently have a ryzen 5 1600 is it even worth upgrading or is that sufficient for 1080p streaming

That'll be fine. I streamed from my Ryzen 5 1600 with very few problems related to the CPU itself.

That'll be fine. I streamed from my Ryzen 5 1600 with very few problems related to the CPU itself.

The reason I wanted to upgrade was because when I run obs Auto-Config wizard it recommends i only stream at 720p 60 fps so I was thinking my cpu was an issu or should I keep my 1600 and spend the extra money on getting a 1660ti?

2 minutes ago, LilPach said:

The reason I wanted to upgrade was because when I run obs Auto-Config wizard it recommends i only stream at 720p 60 fps so I was thinking my cpu was an issu or should I keep my 1600 and spend the extra money on getting a 1660ti?

That's not an issue. As I said earlier, Twitch won't let you stream at 1080p60 until you reach affiliate anyway, so there's no point in aiming for 1080p60 for the time being.

That's not an issue. As I said earlier, Twitch won't let you stream at 1080p60 until you reach affiliate anyway, so there's no point in aiming for 1080p60 for the time being.

Well Im already an affiliate and my stream is starting to do better, and I want to better the quality so im asking what you think the best approach is? Is my 1600 good enough for 1080p streaming? Should i get a 1660 or rx 590?

Well Im already an affiliate and my stream is starting to do better, and I want to better the quality so im asking what you think the best approach is? Is my 1600 good enough for 1080p streaming? Should i get a 1660 or rx 590?

If you're choosing between a 1660 and RX 590, I would say neither; get a used GTX 1070.