Corsair Commander Pro Question

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,
17 minutes ago, Luke Murtagh said:

Thanks for the reply. That’s what I was thinking. I presume all I need to do is connect the HD120 power cable into one of the fan headers on my Pro and connect the HD RGB cable into the RGB header on the Pro.

My overall plan is to connect the HD fan to the Pro so I can manually control its lighting as well as plugging into the Pro my five none-RGB Noctua NF-A14 fans  into the five remaining fan headers. Will I still be able to manually control the Noctua fans from the Commander Pro even though they aren’t Corsair fans?

you should be able to yes. 

Hello all,

I have a question about the Commander Pro. I am looking to have one HD120mm fan on the outside of my Dark Rock Pro 4 for just a touch of RGB. I want to be able to control the RGB with Corsair software. What would I need to achieve this? I saw a YouTube reviewer who stated you only need the Commander Pro which would act as a fan hub for my other Noctua case fans but also provide power and RGB control for my HD fan. In a contradictory fashion I have seen posts on here and elsewhere which state I need both the Commander Pro and the RGB hub Corsair also sells. Could I get clarification on this please?

Thanks.

The Commander pro has 2 RGB headers on it in addition to the 6 fan headers. You will be fine with just the Commander pro if you are only using 1 or 2 Corsair RGB fans to controller them with. If you have any more than that, you will need the RGB hub. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

6 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The Commander pro has 2 RGB headers on it in addition to the 6 fan headers. You will be fine with just the Commander pro if you are only using 1 or 2 Corsair RGB fans to controller them with. If you have any more than that, you will need the RGB hub. 

Thanks for the reply. That’s what I was thinking. I presume all I need to do is connect the HD120 power cable into one of the fan headers on my Pro and connect the HD RGB cable into the RGB header on the Pro.

My overall plan is to connect the HD fan to the Pro so I can manually control its lighting as well as plugging into the Pro my five none-RGB Noctua NF-A14 fans  into the five remaining fan headers. Will I still be able to manually control the Noctua fans from the Commander Pro even though they aren’t Corsair fans?

17 minutes ago, Luke Murtagh said:

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

53 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Great, thanks!