help choosing x570 board

i am looking into getting 3600 but pondering which board to choose

i am thinking getting best board around that matches my black n white esthetic carry over from my previous built

i want to avoid mb that have issue with ICUE like Aorus RGB fusion messing with my Vengeance RGB Pro

i like meg ACE but the gold accent doesn;t fit well with my case and white AIO and GPU

MSI b450m Mortar Titanium is a white motherboard.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you shouldn't get x570 for that... like... below a 3900x it doesn't make much sense

not even for R7 3700x ? my intention is to get a better board first and upgrade the 3600 later down the line 

probably a X470? 

2 minutes ago, amuroray said:

not even for R7 3700x ? my intention is to get a better board first and upgrade the 3600 later down the line 

probably a X470?

i mean... a tomahawk or pro carbon on b450 have a strong enough vrm to tame a 3900x with some airflow

simply because the 3900x pulls as much as a 2700x, and you don't need a strong board for that

so you could just save some money here and invest it somewhere else that matters more

i see, i never explore any B450 option yet so might take a look see any of them are aesthetically pleasing.. 

keep in mind b450 and x470 will likely need BIOS update before running a zen 2 chip, so account for either compatible CPU or a BIOS flash method that doesn't require a CPU

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

I've built 2 new Ryzen systems (a 3600 and 3700x) on MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon ACs. It had some early adoption gremlins with the bios, but since Bios version 18, it is 100% stable and all gremlins gone. i have no trouble recommending this board. The pro carbon has the strongest VRM's of any B450, and it also has bios flashback so you can update the bios with a usb drive, without cpu installed.

I know many in the review community are recommending the B450 tomahawk because it has strong VRMs, but based on my experience with it, it is 50/50 even with the new bios if it will even post with the new Ryzen so stay away from it if you want to avoid potential headaches

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

You def dont need a X570 for that CPU, only if you need PCIe 4.0.
There's couple of really good B450 motherboards that would do, like the MSI Tomahawk and the Steel legend.