AMD Mantle

LawrenceBarnes2013

Dang it Mantle.

With my 290X and 3570k, I was consistently getting 55-60 FPS in maps on BF4. Now I'm going to (potentially) get over 70FPS. That means screen tearing which either means I have to deal with it, or use VSync. Both of which suck. 

... I was in the sweet spot to. 

Oh wait, I can choose DirectX in the options, can't I? Sweeeet. But seriously, this is quite a unique problem to have. An increase in performance means more screen tearing. Great.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

amd dosent have phyx 

you can download the drivers that let your CPU run physx

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Dang it Mantle.

With my 290X and 3570k, I was consistently getting 55-60 FPS in maps on BF4. Now I'm going to (potentially) get over 70FPS. That means screen tearing which either means I have to deal with it, or use VSync. Both of which suck. 

... I was in the sweet spot to. 

Oh wait, I can choose DirectX in the options, can't I? Sweeeet. But seriously, this is quite a unique problem to have. An increase in performance means more screen tearing. Great.

you could overclock your monitor

you could overclock your monitor

I really should get on that. Apparently it can handle 75Hz. Thanks. I forgot about it completely.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I really should get on that. Apparently it can handle 75Hz. Thanks. I forgot about it completely.

yeah I have a option for mine that it can overclock to 70hz, though I don't turn it on often.

oh god it's like DX was extinct or somthing, i don'their just gonna stand their wile mantle takes over .we'll see an evolution from Microsoft DX as well "DX12 for exp"

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

oh god it's like DX was extinct or somthing, i don'their just gonna stand their wile mantle takes over .we'll see an evolution from Microsoft DX as well "DX12 for exp"

microsoft has gotten lazy with updating direct x

And nvidia will be having Ganeworks in the future which is like Mantle but closed and its not exactly a api its closed for devs too gameworks basiclly is creating amazing visuals without any effort but at the end all of your coding belongs to nvidia (like the new batman game) any game that uses gameworks will always destroy AMD cards but Mantle is open so it probs wont make so much diffrence in the long run with drivers

like how physx was going to be the best thing over and conquer AMD, see the issue is that closed stuff doesn't catch on, because sure it could make things easy ONCE it is in the engine but it is usually so much effort to do that to benefit only one platform devs end up seeing it as a waste of time.

microsoft has gotten lazy with updating direct x

TRUST me they 'll make a move ....

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

TRUST me they 'll make a move ....

I'm expecting them to, just till now they are lazy with D3D, use to be a massive improvement every generation of D3D but now it is a small tweak here and there.

I'm expecting them to, just till now they are lazy with D3D, use to be a massive improvement every generation of D3D but now it is a small tweak here and there.

but becaus it's supported by almost evry game out their if they come out with  a mightier one it'll smoke AMD 's mantle

but becaus it's supported by almost evry game out their if they come out with  a mightier one it'll smoke AMD 's mantle

we'll see what the response is

we'll see what the response is

ya awaiting for the raplay