Mini-DTX mod, Airflow or AIO

A. Cole

With Ryzen 3000 series being released I have been contemplating building a new system.
N.B I have design engineering experience and experience with allot of tools needed for modding
Currently I run a 6 core X99 system in an NZXT 530 with 3x200mm (love 200mm fans) thus a 200mm fan is a personal must.
I fell in love with the X570 VIII Impact Mini-dtx board and have been looking at making an ITX Build and a full size GPU (2070 super or rx 5700 xt asus TUF)
To iterate before hand, my CPU cooler will either be the Thermalright Grand Macho (air tower) or the cooler master 240P marage.

I am currently stuck between 3 cases to mod:
1 - Phanteks Evolv ITX, will require most modding, the plan is to use plastic honeycomb mesh (designed for cars) and mesh fabric (similar to the p600s)
for air cooling, front panel will be cut to a 10mm paramiter, put the honeycomb in and wrap in the fabric
for AIO, the top panel will be the same method with a similar shape to the front panel cut out to continue the design language. (idea is to use a black case with silver fabric mesh)
2 - Antec Cube (Razer), drill some extra airflow so that a 200mm fan can fit in-front, maybe swap the LED's to RGB instead of green, might still install the AIO behind the 200mm fan
3 - Silverstone LD03 Lucid, same concept at the Antec Cube, extend the 120mm base fan to accommodate a 200mm fan (which I find weird that the bottom filer is well above 120mm^2) this would be an air cooler only case.

What case mod would people vote for?

Grill.jpgMesh Fabric.png

Evolv ITX is my pick, looks way better than the other options IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 8/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Evolv ITX is my pick, looks way better than the other options IMO

1878968272_ITXModPhanteks1.png.528245467de7b3e1ad4159cad1b107a2.png 1559894205_ITXModPhanteks.thumb.png.4e7bd6231e105c3fe38de5883bf9420a.png

This is a quick mock up made on Google Sketchup.

I wouldn't trust the Phanteks ITX model I used but the mesh has been drawn to the size of the one shown above,
Certainly wont be easy to cut at parts if I want the honeycomb to be central/even. The top panel cut out is large enough for a 280mm rad
Again the idea is to fully wrap the front (two layers at least) with silver fabric while the top just has the cut out/honeycomb wrapped (not the whole top panel)
I feel silver on a black case will work well with the Asus motherboard, might even get the airbrush to put some silver highlights on & inside the case.

P.S I'm thinking to finish of the theme and build, getting these two pop vinyls to sit on the GPU cover panel in the phanteks case (if they both fit)

Toothless.thumb.jpg.968cc29297ceb1c030254a5092ff0184.jpg LightFury.thumb.jpg.7eed8e7413a29a8feb84ab445438b540.jpg