Carry on

MartinIAm
Go to solution Solved by MartinIAm,

Update: It passed. They only said “it’s a strange machine” and passed it without a problem!

Hello I have a sapphire nitro+ rx 570 and I am planning to take it in carry on luggage. I am currently in Bulgaria and going back to the USA. Any concerns?

Why would you take that in carryon?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Standart procedure would to put it in an anti-static bag and wrap it with some bubblewrap or the likes. You should be safe then.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

Standart procedure would to put it in an anti-static bag and wrap it with some bubblewrap or the likes. You should be safe then.

It’s in its original packaging, is that fine?

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Why would you take that in carryon?

Cause I don’t have any space left on my checked in bags

Just now, MartinIAm said:

It’s in its original packaging, is that fine?

Aslong as it's in an anti-static bag and doesn't get banged around it won't break.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Aslong as it's in an anti-static bag and doesn't get banged around it won't break.

If I didn’t have an anti static bag for the gpu would it be ok at the height airplanes fly at?

4 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

Cause I don’t have any space left on my checked in bags

Well, there's a chance they'll deny it through security.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

If I didn’t have an anti static bag for the gpu would it be ok at the height airplanes fly at?

The height has nothing to do with it. The issue with no anti-static bag is that if the GPU is in a carryon without protection it could mean that electrostatic build-up could fry it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

The height has nothing to do with it. The issue with no anti-static bag is that if the GPU is in a carryon without protection it could mean that electrostatic build-up could fry it.

Hope it survives (without anti static bag)! For more information the card is in its original packaging and inside sytoroform packaging.

Update: It passed. They only said “it’s a strange machine” and passed it without a problem!