XPS 13 Refuses to Recognize Battery :(

CharlieR1

Hey LTTforum it's been a while

So I am having trouble with my XPS 13 9350. So I recently replaced my broken screen with a used one online, sealed up the PC and booted it. Only problem was, it wouldn't recognize the battery, saying one was not installed.

So I go online to buy a new (used) battery, and this one is giving me the same issue. I cannot find any details on how to fix this online and this is kind of my last shot in the dark before I take it to a repair shop. Has anyone else had this issue or have an idea of an oversight I could've made and how to fix it?

--charlie

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

Refer to the service manual to see if you miss any steps or did anything wrong in the battery swap (also for the screen replacement if necessary)

First make sure that the connectors and the sockets are fine. Then unplug and reconnect the battery cable to the system board.

If this does not solve the problem, then you might have a bad connector/socket or power management IC.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

1 hour ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Refer to the service manual to see if you miss any steps or did anything wrong in the battery swap (also for the screen replacement if necessary)

First make sure that the connectors and the sockets are fine. Then unplug and reconnect the battery cable to the system board.

If this does not solve the problem, then you might have a bad connector/socket or power management IC.

Thanks for the reply man.

I triple checked everything on the wires and connectors side and can't seem to find anything wrong. The service manual also has very minimal instructions which I followed exactly. I wonder how I could've messed up anything else?

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

5 minutes ago, CharlieR1 said:

I triple checked everything on the wires and connectors side and can't seem to find anything wrong. The service manual also has very minimal instructions which I followed exactly. I wonder how I could've messed up anything else?

The service manual is a reference for all user serviceable parts. If you cannot solve your problem with the said manuals, you probably should have your computer fixed by a professional.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."