FPS drops to single digits despite stable system, good temps, and good hardware

Go to solution Solved by Whiro,
3 hours ago, Zach04.07 said:

I have the same problem they always answer check temps even though I clearly stated I checked temps 

On 8/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, Cigano said:

I literally have no idea what could be causing this, any ideas

But did you check your temps? Just kidding, ok lets think what that may be. 
Check task manager if there is any processes running in background, they may cause this type of issues. Open msi afterburner, it have nice graph what’s going on with the system, once this type of issue occurs check it straight away to see behaviour of gpu and cpu, if there is any dips in utilisation or maybe something hits cpu really hard when that happens. 
I had similar problem with my previous system, it was windows security something something which was hitting cpu every few minutes quite hard.

I noticed while playing the witcher 3 I went down to a steady 15-25 fps from around 100fps randomly. I shut the game down in task manager and loaded up my save only for it to happen again. I then restarted my PC and everything was fine. Today I was trying out the world of warships and the same exact thing happened. My CPU temps are in the '60s and the utilization is low. My GPU only reached around 60C. I have AMD's CPU boost enabled in the bios and I have a 100mhz core overclock and 600mhz memory overclock on my GPU. I literally have no idea what could be causing this, any ideas?
SPECS
-2070 super
-2700x
-750w PSU
-16gb 3200 ram
-250gb and 500gb ssd
-1TB and 3TB hard drive

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem they always answer check temps even though I clearly stated I checked temps 

3 hours ago, Zach04.07 said:

On 8/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, Cigano said:

I literally have no idea what could be causing this, any ideas

Check task manager if there is any processes running in background, they may cause this type of issues. Open msi afterburner, it have nice graph what’s going on with the system, once this type of issue occurs check it straight away to see behaviour of gpu and cpu, if there is any dips in utilisation or maybe something hits cpu really hard when that happens. 
I had similar problem with my previous system, it was windows security something something which was hitting cpu every few minutes quite hard.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

On 1/9/2020 at 9:00 PM, Whiro said:

I did end up figuring out that It was the windows security thing after all, thanks!

51 minutes ago, Cigano said:

I did end up figuring out that It was the windows security thing after all, thanks!

No prob buddy , happy to help

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS