Required Headphones for Gaming

Hi forum...

Little background:
I'm currently using a Siberia 350, which cable is getting broken ( Like it's getting splitted ). After I time using Headsets, I decided to switch into Headphones.

What I require:
Headphones that are better or equally as good as my Siberia 350 ( For the microphone I'll decide later, since I can use the one I currently have ).

What I have on Scope:
Philips SHP9500S - Which doesn't have Sound Isolation
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio - But goes by MiniJack ( Which is not a bad thing... I think )

Could Anyone give me advice and better perspective?

P.S.: Sorry if there was any part where my english was not that good, I'm not a native english speaker. Cheers from Spain ;).

both use 3.5 mm shp 9500 is a open back giving you mare air to your sound and a wider soundstage but has less bass in music and sharp highs which is great for gaming. the dt 770 is a very cgood closed back wide soundstage exxcelent imaging for a closed back , nice heavy bass recessed mids and very sharp hioghs but would not reccomend the 600 ohm or 250 ohm If you dont have an amp. if you just wanna plug it in to your pc grab the 80 ohm or the 32 ohm. 

I would also take a look at the AD700X or AD500X (depending which one are in your price range). 

They are considered as some of the best for gaming. But don't expect booming bass. 

An alternative, but you will require a headphone amp, is the AKG K612 Pro. They have a big soundstage (bigger than the above AD series in my opinion) and also somewhat more bass. 

All of the above provide excelent sound positioning, but the AD series makes footsteps stand out more if that matters to you. 

I'm currently looking for a low price Mic, with good quality sound ( +Phantom ).

Condenser Mic + Stand + Pop Filter = $29,99 ( 30,99€ )

+
Behringer U-Phoria UM2 = $44.99 ( 29€ )

Could it be used as a Headphone AMP? Would it be ok?

Hahaha, knowledge, funny thing, you ask one question and end up with 4 more to go.

22 hours ago, rice guru said:

both use 3.5 mm shp 9500 is a open back giving you mare air to your sound and a wider soundstage but has less bass in music and sharp highs which is great for gaming. the dt 770 is a very cgood closed back wide soundstage exxcelent imaging for a closed back , nice heavy bass recessed mids and very sharp hioghs but would not reccomend the 600 ohm or 250 ohm If you dont have an amp. if you just wanna plug it in to your pc grab the 80 ohm or the 32 ohm. 

So to make it short ( If I understand it correctly... if not, please, correct me ? )
DT770 are better but would need an AMP if exceeded 250 ohms ? What would be the difference between one and another ? ( Not talking about price, but quality or in-game hearing power )

19 hours ago, Rhoban said:

I would also take a look at the AD700X or AD500X (depending which one are in your price range). 

They are considered as some of the best for gaming. But don't expect booming bass. 

An alternative, but you will require a headphone amp, is the AKG K612 Pro. They have a big soundstage (bigger than the above AD series in my opinion) and also somewhat more bass. 

All of the above provide excelent sound positioning, but the AD series makes footsteps stand out more if that matters to you. 

AD500X got lower Hz than my Siberia 350 (5 vs 10), but also lower high Hz ( 25k vs 28k ). I don't think that it would be an Improvement.
AD700X, by the other hand, got 5 - 30K hz, it's considerable.
Booming bass? Why not? ( I'm not an audiophile, but get fussy if I can't hear my enemies ). 

The AKG K612 Pro goes from 12 - 39,5K hz (Considerably higher pitch, but since I don't know much, I would appreciate a bit of description, if you don't mind. )

Got a lot to process and want to do a good buy at my first attempt, sorry if I'm asking too much out of you guys.

My budget is around 200€ for Headphones and Mic, but I could manage to get a bit more. ( I didn't say it before, sorry - If The first two parts [MIC+Audio Interface] are ok, it would be around 140€ for headphones only )

Thanks for the fast response, I'll try to keep up with you, but I completely miss you on the AMP part ( That's why I asked it before xD ).

1 minute ago, Apryed said:

Could it be used as a Headphone AMP? Would it be ok?

Hahaha, knowledge, funny thing, you ask one question and end up with 4 more to go.

So to make it short ( If I understand it correctly... if not, please, correct me ? )
DT770 are better but would need an AMP if exceeded 250 ohms ? What would be the difference between one and another ? ( Not talking about price, but quality or in-game hearing power )

AD500X got lower Hz than my Siberia 350 (5 vs 10), but also lower high Hz ( 25k vs 28k ). I don't think that it would be an Improvement.
AD700X, by the other hand, got 5 - 30K hz, it's considerable.
Booming bass? Why not? ( I'm not an audiophile, but get fussy if I can't hear my enemies ). 

The AKG K612 Pro goes from 12 - 39,5K hz (Considerably higher pitch, but since I don't know much, I would appreciate a bit of description, if you don't mind. )

Got a lot to process and want to do a good buy at my first attempt, sorry if I'm asking too much out of you guys.

My budget is around 200€ for Headphones and Mic, but I could manage to get a bit more. ( I didn't say it before, sorry - If The first two parts [MIC+Audio Interface] are ok, it would be around 140€ for headphones only )

Thanks for the fast response, I'll try to keep up with you, but I completely miss you on the AMP part ( That's why I asked it before xD ).

i wouldb't use that as an amp personally I doubt it has a very clean signal.  in my opinion its better but needs an amp but whether or not its better for you is up to you. for around the price of the the dt 770 you could go for the 990 or  the 880 which to me are better than the 770 for gaming or the shp 9500s. but if you really care about honing into your enemies the dt 770 whould be great as its a cloed back and has a ton of isolation so really good for your focus but if you live in a quirte environment a open back design does a better job for gaming. 

also humans especially adult can't hear anything past 20 Khz so dont worry about stuff like that

13 minutes ago, rice guru said:

i wouldb't use that as an amp personally I doubt it has a very clean signal.  in my opinion its better but needs an amp but whether or not its better for you is up to you.

Well, If i'm going for a Mic like that, I probably could get a Headphone AMP aggregated to it, if money allows it.

So, reading between lines, your answer is : yes, it could be used as a Headphone amp, but not a good one.

My environment is Quite most of the time, but sometimes it noisy... That's why I'm shuffling between Open or Closed back.

19 minutes ago, rice guru said:

also humans especially adult can't hear anything past 20 Khz so dont worry about stuff like that

I know, I know... but for some reason, pitches could be heard even on higher hertz if it's really quite and focus like a lot ( At least I can't hear past 18K if I don't focus, but hear 20k perfectly if focusing - And earwax removed helps a lot xD ). Maybe I'm weird, but I can even hear a needle drop from 16 feets away in a noisy environment and pinpoint it's location almost exactly.

So... DT770 ( Which was on my scope - Prefered by you in a noisy environment ), 880 ( Prefered by you in a quiet environment) or 990, or the SHP9500S ( Which was also on my scope ).

Cooler Master MH752

I was having a bad time looking for headphones. I just couldn’t decide between Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica, Hyper-X cloud II and other gaming headphones.. Been thinking about it for a year, but bought the MH752’s after watching this video, and I couldn’t be happier. Reviewer claims these headphones is the best closed backs under 200$, and they cost under 100$. I believe him.

2 minutes ago, Proffecte said:

Cooler Master MH752

I was having a bad time looking for headphones. I just couldn’t decide between Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica, Hyper-X cloud II and other gaming headphones.. Been thinking about it for a year, but bought the MH752’s after watching this video, and I couldn’t be happier. Reviewer claims these headphones is the best closed backs under 200$, and they cost under 100$. I believe him.

I've watched this review before I don't think he says the best closed backs under $200. Although they are damn good for the price. I would still say the DT 770 are better cans

16 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I've watched this review before I don't think he says the best closed backs under $200. Although they are damn good for the price. I would still say the DT 770 are better cans

Yeah sorry, he didn’t say that they are the best headphones under 200$, but he would recommend them if you had a budget on 200$ as it includes mic and dac/amp. And as you said, it’s good for its price.

14 hours ago, Apryed said:

AD500X got lower Hz than my Siberia 350 (5 vs 10), but also lower high Hz ( 25k vs 28k ).

I correct myself, as stated by Steelseries, Siberia 350 is 20 - 28000 Hz. So it's MUCH lower.

6 hours ago, Proffecte said:

Cooler Master MH752

It's not much of improvement, but thanks anyway.

14 hours ago, Apryed said:

Behringer U-Phoria UM2 = $44.99 ( 29€ )

Could it be used as a Headphone AMP?

I just keep thinking about this because if it does, I could probably close up this and go for the AKG K612 Pro (As stated by Rhoban ) or the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio, using the Behringer as Headphone amp, if it could and if it will work perfectly with any of those Headphones.

Thanks for the patience ;)

One more thing...

On 8/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, Rhoban said:

An alternative, but you will require a headphone amp, is the AKG K612 Pro.

Why would I need a Headphone amp? ( And how can I notice if I need one )

• 2 months later...

After a testing them... I got a few things to say:

1. Behringer U-Phoria UM2 is a good Audio Interface. It doesn't provide dual channel MIC with their Driver but Windows 10 does use Generic drivers which allows it. (2 Channel and 1 Channel )
  2. Even though I didn't need an AMP for the AKG K612 Pro ( Because my Motherboard already supported that function - Thanks Realtek ), it does a pretty good job with the UM2.
  3. AKG K612 Pro Headphones does a pretty good Quality and Comfort job. I've been using them for days, and my ears doesn't get at hot as they did before ( Not even a problem before, but it did feel warmer with the Siberia 350 ). Also they are good for Gaming, Watching Series or Movies or hearing music ( Since I'm not the audiophil ). - Thanks, Rhoban.
  4. For the mic, I does it job pretty well ( Probably too WELL ). Although the sound quality it's not the best I've hear, it's a really good price for stand, pop filter and Mic. Just remember to but a XLR -> XLR cable if your Audio Interface does not have a minijack socket. ( Yes, this Mic comes with an XLR -> minijack cable )

Well, I hope you keep on the good job guys, Thank you very much for your advices ;). See you around.