Monitor to pair with 5700 xt

Hemmen

So I'm going to build a 3700x + rx 5700 xt system and thinking of a monitor upgrade as my old Samsung sync master 206bw won't unless even the half of the new build capabilities. 

Willing to spend around 500 usd or less. Want a high refresh rate panel. Maybe a 1440p one. But the budget is kinda limited, so I'm looking for some help with the choice. Is the freesync worth it?  

I'd say freesync: yes

gsync: no

I'd look around for 1440p144, should be like 300 dollars

just something that comes to mind... why that elite? I'm 99% sure you don't need it

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'd say freesync: yes

gsync: no

I'd look around for 1440p144, should be like 300 dollars

just something that comes to mind... why that elite? I'm 99% sure you don't need it

What you mean about elite? 

It's my first pc build, got some money saved up and 1680x1050 doesn't really hold up to the spec I'm going for. 

Build is not only gaming focused as a Software Engineer student I want a nice CPU with many cores as it's quite a benefit and rx 5700 xt seems a decent choice for the money. Going to dig a bit into overclocking and stuff, to get more performance out of it. 

Or you meant something else under that elite word?

Just now, Hemmen said:

It's my first pc build, got some money saved up and 1680x1050 doesn't really hold up to the spec I'm going for. 

Build is not only gaming focused as a Software Engineer student I want a nice CPU with many cores as it's quite a benefit and rx 5700 xt seems a decent choice for the money. Going to dig a bit into overclocking and stuff, to get more performance out of it. 

Or you meant something else under that elite word?

I think he's talking about your motherboard. A bit overkill?

8 minutes ago, edvinasfresh said:

I think he's talking about your motherboard. A bit overkill?

Well,guess it is, but I guess it's more future-proof? Might reconsider for a x470 with a bios flasfback, tho, as I could not find anyone with a ryzen 2000.

18 minutes ago, Hemmen said:

the motherboard

i don't think you need x570 in general, so you can save money there

44 minutes ago, Hemmen said:

So I'm going to build a 3700x + rx 5700 xt system and thinking of a monitor upgrade as my old Samsung sync master 206bw won't unless even the half of the new build capabilities. 

Willing to spend around 500 usd or less. Want a high refresh rate panel. Maybe a 1440p one. But the budget is kinda limited, so I'm looking for some help with the choice. Is the freesync worth it?  

If your budget is $500 I would go with this panel. Very good performance for price.

1440p, nano IPS freesync + g sync compatible(not that you’ll need that in you case) and 144hz. 

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GL850-gaming-monitor

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

12 minutes ago, Hemmen said:

Well,guess it is, but I guess it's more future-proof? Might reconsider for a x470 with a bios flasfback, tho, as I could not find anyone with a ryzen 2000.

B450 gaming pro carbon or maybe even a tomahawk would be a good choice for 3700x. Both have USB flashback 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

9 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

If your budget is $500 I would go with this panel. Very good performance for price.

1440p, nano IPS freesync + g sync compatible(not that you’ll need that in you case) and 144hz. 

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GL850-gaming-monitor

It's quite pricier in Russia, where I live, around 650, yikes. 

And as soon as msrp means nothing here around 350 msrp would be a nice spot, if such exist, without massive corners cut. 

9 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

B450 gaming pro carbon or maybe even a tomahawk would be a good choice for 3700x. Both have USB flashback 

I'll have a look at these x470 boards, thanks

1 minute ago, Hemmen said:

I'll have a look at these x470 boards, thanks

They are both B450 boards. No need for x470 as some of those are real bad 

56 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

They are both B450 boards. No need for x470 as some of those are real bad 

Oh yeah, a thought driven typo

And i would consider adding a front fan like the arctic F12 to the nr600 , greatly helps reducing temps... and the psu hugely overpriced aswell

21 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

And i would consider adding a front fan like the arctic F12 to the nr600 , greatly helps reducing temps... and the psu hugely overpriced aswell

Yeah, I know about throwing an extra fan for airflow, thanks for giving the model though. 

And the psu... I just didn't make enough research and thought that it looked decent spec wise. Any suggestions on that end? 

6 minutes ago, Hemmen said:

Yeah, I know about throwing an extra fan for airflow, thanks for giving the model though. 

And the psu... I just didn't make enough research and thought that it looked decent spec wise. Any suggestions on that end? 

bitfenix formula gold 550 $70 on newegg

23 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

bitfenix formula gold 550 $70 on newegg

Sadly doesn't sell in Russia. And improting is to much of a hustle for a psu, I believe. 

The market is mostly flooded with Cooler Masters, corsair, deepcool, aerocool, chieftech, some be quite and cougar one's. 

Sorry for not providing that info to begin with.