GPU compatibility?

From my Previous postI was convinced that my motherboard or ram had a defect.

When I had an expert look at it, it was the GPU's fault. The computer worked fine after the GPU was taken off the motherboard. The same guy had this collection of Quadros and let me buy one off. I selected the Quadro 6000 6gb one, and he keeps warning me the GPU won't work with my motherboard.

I have not heard anything like a motherboard's compatibility for a GPU.

1. Does that exist?(or did this exist during 2009?)

2. If so, does the GPU (Nvidia Quadro 6000 6gb)support my motherboard(Intel desktop series DG41WV)?

I don't think there's such a thing as a GPU not being compatible with a motherboard. As long as your PSU can provide enough power and the card physically fits into the PCIe slot on your motherboard, you should be fine.

Why not test the GPU while you're there?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, usernameandpassword123 said:

You use Quadro? That's insane.

No, he only had the old quadros and I consider it a huge upgrade from the 512mb ATI HD 4350.

It isn't that it won't be compatible, but that board only supports PCIe 1.0

It will work, but you may have limited performance? I don't know how large the bandwidth difference is from pcie1 to 2

Edit: If it is the older quadro and it is affordable, it can't hurt to get it. you will have a performance impact for not having PCIe 2.0, but as long as your PSU is enough it should work in the motherboard's PCIe x16 slot.

21 minutes ago, usernameandpassword123 said:

You use Quadro? That's insane.

How?

Are you sure the card works? Have you tried it in other machines?

~Air Cooling Advocate~

1 minute ago, Votivee said:

How?

Are you sure the card works? Have you tried it in other machines?

I don't have enough money to try Quadro cards, not everyone is rich like you.

I don't have enough money to try Quadro cards

image.png.f258c8133e27604e0f478225e8127c5c.png

image.png.215a41c2ba7c29625a583a976c679008.png

image.png.0e0a36d9d0b39e31a63e1db98c23673f.png

not everyone is rich like you.

???

~Air Cooling Advocate~

you said you were gaming on the other post and if thats the only thing you are going to use it for unless he is offering you an good discount its not going to be a good value

only concern would be as sted if your pci e x15 is 1.0 or somehting. 

I did nto see in this or the other post what motherboard you are using. but putting any fast gpu on a pci-e x16 1.0 would likely limit performance. kind of like having 2 3 inch pipes joined by a 1 inch coupler 

14 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

you said you were gaming on the other post and if thats the only thing you are going to use it for unless he is offering you an good discount its not going to be a good value

I will also be using it for editing photos, making a few 3d models and using tensorflow for ML and AI in the days to come, do you think it will serve the purpose?

Just now, Lokesh Uvaraj said:

I will also be using it for editing photos, making a few 3d models and using tensorflow for ML and AI in the days to come, do you think it will serve the purpose?

as well as an older card can sure but i still think you should maybe get a newer card