Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro question

DT7836

So I wanted to get the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms for music/gaming/desktop use. Do I need to get an amplifier to properly use the headphones or is my onboard audio sufficient?

I currently own this motherboard: https://www.asus.com/nl/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA/specifications/  (It supports headphones from 32 up to 600 ohms)

I dont see at all where it says it supports that but if they claim they can then God for it I highly doubt it though

It says it in the aduio section when you go to overview on the site I linked, in small grey letters, thanks for answering

Onboard is (probably) fine. 2Vrms means they're running a unity gain output stage with the RC4580. Assuming power from the 12V rail, that gives them ~±30mA of output current at full scale output. There's no good data on it running low impedance loads, but tests of other devices using it as an output stage seem to indicate that it's fine as long as you don't push the output current.

For the DT990 250Ω with 99dB/V, this 2Vrms peak output (I hate how that works) translates to 105dB SPL peak, so you'd be limited to about 90dB (average) listening levels on high dynamic range music. Output current should be low enough with this load that it does not clip significantly on max output. I would be hesitant to recommend this for low impedance headphones (<64Ω).