SSD Wear

I have used a Kingston A400 120G SSD for about a year and 4 months as a boot drive(with a few other programs and smaller games that i needed to be faster) and its wear indicator is at 86%. And from what i have read it made me believe it is a pretty significant decrease in this period of time, but i was not too worried because the performance and Spare Blocks indicators are at 100%. ( It has lifetime writes of 9.56 TB with a power on time of 253 days)
Should i be a little more worried about this? And is the fact that it is basically most of the time only 8-10% free increasing the wear by a substantial amount?

You're used about 25% of what your drive is rated for (40TB). I feel like your TB written is noticeably high and would investigate that if I were you.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Install the SSD manager and check to see if you have firmware updates available:

Also, remember the drive has 2 years warranty so you can assume that after that date or close to that date the SSD will start to fail. With those models you basically get what you are paying for...  

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

2 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Install the SSD manager and check to see if you have firmware updates available:

Also, remember the drive has 2 years warranty so you can assume that after that date or close to that date the SSD will start to fail. With those models you basically get what you are paying for...  

I use that software and i have the latest firmware updates although i didn't get them from the start of using the ssd which was probably a mistake in that period.

The thing is i know a lot of people and have seens a lot of comments stating they have used it for 4 or more years already and haven't had any problems.

You may have a problem with writing amplification. Simply put, that happens when the host sends a quantity of data to the SSD, but the actual amount of information written physically on the SSD medium is a multiple of the logical amount sent that was intended to be written. Continue monitoring the lifespan of your SSD but if the deterioration continues to increase excessively then check what your applications are saving or reinstall it.

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

You're writing almost 40GB per day, might want to cut down on that. And yes, the drive being almost full does contribute to the problem, as less space increases write amplification (the drive has to shuffle data around more).

10 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

That's nonsense, there's no firm connection between warranty coverage and lifespan. I mean I have a budget SSD from 2012 still alive and well.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

That's nonsense, there's no firm connection between warranty coverage and lifespan. I mean I have a budget SSD from 2012 still alive and well.

That's right! Although warranty and lifespan don't go "by the book", this SSD does not have DRAM and those devices have already been quite commented on in many forums by a number of people who have had premature failures with those SSDs...

Yep! Tools like this or just use it for your operating system, but nothing else.