Speakers Don't Work Anymore

RoundJaws

I got some Creative Pebbles a few months ago. I ran into a PC issue and updated to the latest build of Windows 10.

The speakers don't work anymore. No matter what I try, I get no audio. My headset works from it's bluetooth receiver, but not the speakers. I tried finding drivers and some basic trouble shooting. Nothing's working.

You will have a 1 year warrantee so you will be able to return it to the manufacturer for a full refund or a replacement

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

3 hours ago, Faisal A said:

You will have a 1 year warrantee so you will be able to return it to the manufacturer for a full refund or a replacement

I feel like it's a software issue. I'm not trying to consider them damaged considering they still power on. 

how are they connected to the computer? Bluetooth? USB? 

I will do the best I can to help in any way. However I am not all knowing and realize that I can be wrong. If you know something I said is not factual please speak up and provide myself and otters reading reading the thread with the facts proving it. I'm not just here to help others learn I'm also here to learn myself. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin    

3 hours ago, DarthSlater77 said:

how are they connected to the computer? Bluetooth? USB? 

USB and a jack in the line-out. I've tried all 6 jacks in my motherboard not that any others should work. The speakers were working just fine before Saturday.

try using the headphone out jack. the computer may not be sending a signal out the line out port.

I will do the best I can to help in any way. However I am not all knowing and realize that I can be wrong. If you know something I said is not factual please speak up and provide myself and otters reading reading the thread with the facts proving it. I'm not just here to help others learn I'm also here to learn myself. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin    

You also mentioned a Bluetooth headset. try disabling Bluetooth on the computer and see if that makes any difference. I have run into the irritating issue with windows where it refuses to send audio to multiple outputs at a time. The computer may think the headset is still connected. You can also check the Audio settings in windows and see what output it is defaulting to.

You also mentioned a Bluetooth headset. try disabling Bluetooth on the computer and see if that makes any difference. I have run into the irritating issue with windows where it refuses to send audio to multiple outputs at a time. The computer may think the headset is still connected. You can also check the Audio settings in windows and see what output it is defaulting to.

Disconnecting the bluetooth adapter was how I immediately would switch to the speakers in the first place. 

I also don't know what output my speakers would be under. But right now it's NVidia something. I don't see anything that says Creative.

2 minutes ago, RoundJaws said:

Disconnecting the bluetooth adapter was how I immediately would switch to the speakers in the first place. 

I also don't know what output my speakers would be under. But right now it's NVidia something. I don't see anything that says Creative.

sounds like it may be sending the audio out the HDMI / DP cable. can you get a screen shot of the audio devices list? I wonder if the onboard sound card drivers need to be reinstalled.

sounds like it may be sending the audio out the HDMI / DP cable. can you get a screen shot of the audio devices list? I wonder if the onboard sound card drivers need to be reinstalled.

b179053d71f7dbde819fe048048e3143.png.7d423f64fc54f0b8b07d4c8f4013891a.png

3 minutes ago, RoundJaws said:

b179053d71f7dbde819fe048048e3143.png.7d423f64fc54f0b8b07d4c8f4013891a.png

If this is the case I strongly recommend to do a DDU "Display Driver Unintaller and pick RealTek and do a clean and restart.  Now install the latest RealTek drivers and let us know what happens.  Something got botched with your update and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

3 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

If this is the case I strongly recommend to do a DDU "Display Driver Unintaller and pick RealTek and do a clean and restart.  Now install the latest RealTek drivers and let us know what happens.  Something got botched with your update and what not.

I'll have to do this after work. I gotta be to be in a half hour before I get ready. Thanks though.

I'm also having another far more major issue with this PC that I need to get sorted out when I get home tomorrow as well. :/

It's a good thing I've been close friends with Anthony for a decade. He helped me over TeamViewer and fixed the issue I was having. I think he did what you recommended Turtle, but I felt like I was gonna mix something up so I just asked for his assistance.

Thanks for the input here anyway all of you. It's really appreciated.