Bluetooth A2DP Source gives Error 52

t895

Every time I try to connect my bluetooth headphones (Sony MDR-XB950BT) to my computer, I only get the "hands-free audio" which gives horrific audio quality and not the full capabilities of my headphones. I used to be able to get the full range but due to some driver issue I only get that.

I checked device manager and found that the Microsoft Bluetooth A2DP device was giving an error with Code 52 and that should be the source of my error. So I tried to reinstall my bluetooth drivers (I use the built in bluetooth from my motherboard, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI) and even after going through every version Gigabyte had to offer, I still get the error. 

Is there anything I could do from here?

Basic Specs - 

Motherboard - Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Latest BIOS)

CPU - AMD R5 2600X

Exact same problem. Have been trying to solve it for hours now. The only difference is that mine is a Microsoft Surface Headphone. Has a terrible sound quality when connected to a Macbook Pro Mid-2015 with Windows 10 on it. Works fluently on any Surface device I have tried (even the old Surface 3).

Would love to find a solution to this.

Hey guys,

I had the same problem with my Phillips Bluetooth Headphones (only hands-free audio is working). In device manager I also got reported Error Code 52. I traced the error down to a broken driver signature and therefore tried to repair system files with the DISM and sfc tools build in in Windows 10. In order to repair that behaviour you will have to:

"Remove the headphones in windows settings in the devices tab and continue with these steps":

1. Run CMD as administrator (right click -> run as admin)

2. insert: "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" (of course without ") -> This will take some minutes

3. After finishing DISM you will need to run "sfc /scannow" (also without ") in CMD (also as administrator)

4. Done!

After this process, my headphones are working as before. I think in my case the latest update of Windows/or maybe the install of the latest AMD Radeon driver somehow broke the signature of the Microsoft A2DP Driver.

I hope the solution is working on your machines too!

Sry for my mediocre english..

Documentation from microsoft about the used commands and what they do (in german/english):

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

11 hours ago, Armint0r said:

"Remove the headphones in windows settings in the devices tab and continue with these steps":

2. insert: "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" (of course without ") -> This will take some minutes

3. After finishing DISM you will need to run "sfc /scannow" (also without ") in CMD (also as administrator)

4. Done!

This fixed it for me. Thanks!

Edit: I will note that i had to uninstall the failed driver and hit "Look for new hardware" in devmgmt.msc to kick back up the working bluetooth.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

I had the same problem with my Phillips Bluetooth Headphones (only hands-free audio is working). In device manager I also got reported Error Code 52. I traced the error down to a broken driver signature and therefore tried to repair system files with the DISM and sfc tools build in in Windows 10. In order to repair that behaviour you will have to:

4. Done!

After this process, my headphones are working as before. I think in my case the latest update of Windows/or maybe the install of the latest AMD Radeon driver somehow broke the signature of the Microsoft A2DP Driver.

Documentation from microsoft about the used commands and what they do (in german/english):

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

It took me 3h looking for solutions and finally got fixed by ur answer.

Thank u so much!

On 8/14/2019 at 9:10 AM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

4. Done!

Created an account just to thank you. I'v been trying to find a solution for several hours, you helped me so much !

On 8/25/2019 at 6:53 PM, flemmye said:

Created an account just to thank you. I'v been trying to find a solution for several hours, you helped me so much !

Same here, been pulling my hair out for hours trying to fix this issue! Thanks for sharing the solution!

Apparently this is a known issue... https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/08/24/microsoft-windows-10-update-problem-bluetooth-warning-upgrade-windows-10/#63ab5de067f2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

4. Done!

You are a genius!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

4. Done!

There is a place on Heaven waiting for you!!!

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 10:10 AM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

4. Done!

Thank you man, I'm sure you already have reserved place in heaven

• 1 month later...

Reading all your comments made me happy and i lost the desire to hang myself.
Unfortunately its now working out for some reason. DISM Restorehealth always stops at 95% to 96.3% maximum and after 10 minutes...

Error: 0x80080005

DISM failed. No operation was performed.
For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Here is the today's log

dism.log

OK so i figured how to fix this error. And i managed to do everything like you wrote. And after that absolutely nothing changed everything is 100% the same. I dont get it ?
I did absolutely everything and nothing still. When i start using the mic, stereo stops working. They cant work at the same time in any way.

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, sirljove said:

Hi there! 
I´m facing the same issue on a fresh win10, only Hands-Free AG is activated somehow, and there´s no more Music support (A2DP?)
Tried the steps above but no success either. Doing it again now, let´s see.

When i start using the mic, stereo stops working. They cant work at the same time in any way.

- It looks that your device is using HandsFree audio for your Mic input. You may try disabling the Hansfree device in the Audio Device Manager settings, or select another input device

• 1 month later...

This is not working for me. I am using tp link ub400. is it the problem of the dongle?

i did like you said. the stereo sound not working. only handsfree is working. i tried installing drivers. but it didn't help me

On 6/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, iju98 said:

This is not working for me. I am using tp link ub400. is it the problem of the dongle?

i did like you said. the stereo sound not working. only handsfree is working. i tried installing drivers. but it didn't help me

same for me, still stereo doesnt work at all, im really frustrated at this

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, t895 said:

Every time I try to connect my bluetooth headphones (Sony MDR-XB950BT) to my computer, I only get the "hands-free audio" which gives horrific audio quality and not the full capabilities of my headphones. I used to be able to get the full range but due to some driver issue I only get that.

I checked device manager and found that the Microsoft Bluetooth A2DP device was giving an error with Code 52 and that should be the source of my error. So I tried to reinstall my bluetooth drivers (I use the built in bluetooth from my motherboard, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI) and even after going through every version Gigabyte had to offer, I still get the error. 

Is there anything I could do from here?

Basic Specs - 

Motherboard - Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Latest BIOS)

CPU - AMD R5 2600X

when I type in the command, it fails 88.9% in, what can I do?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 12:40 PM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

4. Done!

Hey,

I've been using Skullcandy Indy for a while.

Contrary to the gentleman facing the similar problem, My earphones work only in stereo mode and the hands-free ag audio is not available ( I cannot make calls or use the microphone)

Do I need to run the same code on CMD??

Coz it shows elevated permissions are required to run DISM.

• 6 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 12:40 PM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

4. Done!

not working , win10 realme buds

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 2:10 PM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

4. Done!

THANKS A LOT BROO YOU SAVED MY EAR !!! 🥳

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 3:10 AM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

4. Done!

Thanks you bro

This solution worked great for me, but suddenly, my bluetooth headset wasn't working.

It didn't transfer any sound. When I then removed and added it again, the hands free option came back.

Now, when I try the solution again, nothing happens and both scans go through fine and says no issues found... the hands free option is still there and fucking everything up.

Anyone experience this?

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

4. Done!

Thank you god! it worked!!!

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2019 at 3:10 AM, Armint0r said:

Hey guys,

4. Done!

Made an account just to thank you. I have been trying to find a solution for this fix for around 2 days now and this worked! Again thank you!

• 9 months later...

Hello old people from this thread.
I've seen some of you stating that the DISM and sfc solution didn't work.
So I had a major problem with my JBL Club Pro + TWS, with the Voice Only.
My solution took me almost an year to conclude, but here I'll describe it.
In the device manager there is the Human Interface Devices.
One of the options that were there for me was the AVRCP driver, (this is not the complete name of the driver but it ends with avrcp) so you have to right click on it > update driver > allow me to choose from a list of drivers available on my PC.
Now it is the time, you'll probably have one or more avrcp drivers to choose.
I'll have to test one by one OR install every driver in there (for me it was the install every one), and after every installation you'll have to restart the pc.
After you get the right driver(s) it will desappear from the Human Interface Devices and will go to the Bluetooth area.
Like on the image.
After it all should be fine.
I hope this helps as many people as it can.
See ya.

avrcp.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2023 at 9:57 AM, LucarioBH said:

Hello old people from this thread.
I've seen some of you stating that the DISM and sfc solution didn't work.
So I had a major problem with my JBL Club Pro + TWS, with the Voice Only.
My solution took me almost an year to conclude, but here I'll describe it.
In the device manager there is the Human Interface Devices.
One of the options that were there for me was the AVRCP driver, (this is not the complete name of the driver but it ends with avrcp) so you have to right click on it > update driver > allow me to choose from a list of drivers available on my PC.
Now it is the time, you'll probably have one or more avrcp drivers to choose.
I'll have to test one by one OR install every driver in there (for me it was the install every one), and after every installation you'll have to restart the pc.
After you get the right driver(s) it will desappear from the Human Interface Devices and will go to the Bluetooth area.
Like on the image.
After it all should be fine.
I hope this helps as many people as it can.
See ya.

avrcp.png

Oh my god this is the only solution that has helped me fix this. In the device manager, in the bluetooth section I found the avrcp device. I had to manually install the driver for it (for me there was only one driver available), I restarted the pc and everything is working. Thank you so much!