20ft HDMI to 4K TV 60HZ - Lag/Stutter Issues?

mav91890

Just built pc, is across the room from 4K TV. So bought a 20ft and 25ft 4K 60hz 18GBPS HDMI cables (different brands). Both of them have the same issue, so I'm assuming I need a cable with higher gbps for 4k pc gaming at 60hz? 

Works fine for 4k video but with games it isn't smooth and it stutters and lags a lot in single player gameplay. What's even weirder, I have an xbox one bluetooth controller and the further away it gets from the pc, the worse the game performs on the tv. Any idea what the hell is going on? My next guess is to try a shorter cable but the controller part is kind of throwing me off...   

Are you sure your PC is outputting the video at 3840x2160 at 60Hz? 

Also, the Xbox controller issue is simple: the farther your controller is from a Bluetooth receiver, the harder it is for the data to transfer over. It's likely feeling more sluggish because of that.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

14 minutes ago, mav91890 said:

Just built pc, is across the room from 4K TV. So bought a 20ft and 25ft 4K 60hz 18GBPS HDMI cables (different brands). Both of them have the same issue, so I'm assuming I need a cable with higher gbps for 4k pc gaming at 60hz? 

What game are you playing, at what settings, and on what specs? It's likely that you just can't play native 4K and get 60fps.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Yes, Battlefront 2 was set to 4k 60hz, with fps counter in corner. I just tried with keyboard and mouse on the 25ft cable and it stayed at 60hz and was smooth... Idk why the controller would cause this issue... no conflicting devices and the game gets super laggy if I get 2ft or more away from the computer. 5ft a way fps drops to 20-40. Get right next to pc and back to 60fps.... wth

i7 9700k 2080 Super 4k on high. Can handle it fine haha. I even changed it to 4k low settings and same issue with Microsoft Xbox One bluetooth controller. 

Confirmed it's the controller... Tried on my 1440p 144hz monitor. If the controller isn't in direct line of sight or is facing opposite direction of the pc, it goes nuts (even just 3 ft away). Guess I need a wired on then.

8 hours ago, mav91890 said:

Confirmed it's the controller... Tried on my 1440p 144hz monitor. If the controller isn't in direct line of sight or is facing opposite direction of the pc, it goes nuts (even just 3 ft away). Guess I need a wired on then.

Might just be a crappy Bluetooth adapter. I have some really cheap $6 one and while it doesn't like being blocked from receiving shit, it'll work from TV distances.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Might just be a crappy Bluetooth adapter. I have some really cheap $6 one and while it doesn't like being blocked from receiving shit, it'll work from TV distances.

It's the Gigabyte aorus master bluetooth. For $250 would think it'd be decent bluetooth. I'll try one of my dongles. Thanks :)