I need help with my new i7 9700K build

mtvkriar91

I recently acquired the Intel i7 9700K cpu.

According to my 300€ budget I'm looking to buy a mb & memory from my local retailer.

I'm looking at the Gigabyte Socket 1151 Z390 AORUS PRO GLan Audio Raid mb at 200.12€ mainly because of the VRM it provides and the G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 Non ECC CL16 3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) (Kit 2 x 8192) memory at 123.43€ for that extra RGB flair.

Are the mb and ram the right picks for this cpu at the 300€ budget or is there somethiong better out there?

In the futre I'm also planning to get a pc case so what case would u recommend that has suttle RGB and a tempered glass side panel for under 60€?

For now the PSU/PCCase/HDD/SSD will all be ported from my previous build. My focus is mainly gaming/streaming/rendering. 

My main display is a 27' 144hz 1440p monitor mainly to game on. my left side monitor is a 23' 1680x1050p is used when I render content and I also turn on a vesa wall mounted 19' 1366x768p monitor to use when I live stream.

Rendering and streaming? I mean, your money but that's not the best for the price. It's not even good for the price considering a 6/12 option with similar or better performance in those tasks is much cheaper.

Anyhow, get a big cooler. The 9700k is hot and power hungry.

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Rendering and streaming? I mean, your money but that's not the best for the price. It's not even good for the price considering a 6/12 option with similar or better performance in those tasks is much cheaper.

Anyhow, get a big cooler. The 9700k is hot and power hungry.

Sorry for my noob question but what do you mean when you say 6/12 option? I don't understand that term.

Also I would appreciate if you could mention any alternative options to justify your statement.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

look at the aorus elite, it's the same vrm

Unfortunately the Aorus Elite is limited to only 2666MHz max memory but thanks for mentioning.

4 hours ago, mtvkriar91 said:

Are the mb and ram the right picks for this cpu at the 300€ budget or is there somethiong better out there?

Do you want us to guess what country?  Hard for us to talk pricing since there is in fact more than 1 country that uses the Euro, just sayin'

Just now, LogicWeasel said:

Do you want us to guess what country?  Hard for us to talk pricing since there is in fact more than 1 country that uses the Euro, just sayin'

Greece sorry about that.

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's not...

Yup sorry about that. just checked several sites it goes from stock 2133MHz to 4133MHz but only if I tweak XMP profile. Cool, that will knock off a few euro off my total bill.

26 minutes ago, mtvkriar91 said:

Sorry for my noob question but what do you mean when you say 6/12 option? I don't understand that term.

Also I would appreciate if you could mention any alternative options to justify your statement.

Thanks in advance.

A 6-corw, 12-threaded CPU. It's better for multi tasking. The Ryzen 5 3600 will give you equivalent performance for cheaper. Alternatively, the 8/16 Ryzen 7 3700X is the same price and superior in every way possible. It's the same in games, about 30-40% faster than then 9700K in rendering and streaming applications, uses less power, runs cooler and can be run easily on a 100 euro board. Not to mention you have an upgrade path to 12, 16 cores or even Zen3 next year. The 9700K is just,...not really good for the price or use case.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

A 6-corw, 12-threaded CPU. It's better for multi tasking. The Ryzen 5 3600 will give you equivalent performance for cheaper. Alternatively, the 8/16 Ryzen 7 3700X is the same price and superior in every way possible. It's the same in games, about 30-40% faster than then 9700K in rendering and streaming applications, uses less power, runs cooler and can be run easily on a 100 euro board. Not to mention you have an upgrade path to 12, 16 cores or even Zen3 next year. The 9700K is just,...not really good for the price or use case.

Ok. Understood. Unfortunately the 9700k was already purchased before the 3700x was released. I'll have to slaughter it just to sell it now