Looking for new gaming monitor

VCarmichael

So im lookin for new IPS, G-Sync, 34 inch new monitor (curved or not - doesnt matter to me) since my Dell Alienware AW3418HW died after only 4 months of using it (bunch of dead horizontal and vertical pixes) and before anyone asks I cant return the monitor cuz its bought in another country and shipping it back would cost me more then 70% of brand new monitor in my country. Anyhow im lookin for new monitor and after debating i got stuck with few choices (im sure i wont go Alienware again however) between Acer Predator X34P and LG 34UC89G-B altough im leaning more to that X34P. Idk what to choose so i'd love to hear oppinions of X34P owners. Some people say they had to like return monitor 3x times due to flickering after a few months (some say it was DP cable that fixed their issues), some say G-Sync was at fault right out of the box and some say their panel had horrible backlight bleed. Some people even told me to go straight of the bat for ASUS PG348Q wich is costly as hell where i live so i cannot do that. If its any help max budget i can go to is about 700-900 $. I mostly play FPS and TPS titles and some ocassional RPG's from time to time. I think my PC specs should be fine for any 34 inch monitor i choose (Ryzen 2700X, ASUS GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill TridentZ 16 GB 3400 Mhz), and no i dont plan on streaming or stuff like that. If you guys got any other propositions for monitor that fits parammeters i asked of i'd be mostly appreciated as well as any help you can provide me. Thank You in advance for time and help.

best bet is to search for reviews.

rtings has a good filter tool , i sugest u start there.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/2495

add column for other stats.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Thanks for help and reply, yeah i was already looking at TFT central, display ninja and now the site you mentioned, as well as user reviews. The reason why i asked for peoples input of X34P is i dont wanna end up buying another expensive monitor wich might decide to fail on me within less then 4-5 months. Thank you once again :)

5 minutes ago, VCarmichael said:

Thanks for help and reply, yeah i was already looking at TFT central, display ninja and now the site you mentioned, as well as user reviews. The reason why i asked for peoples input of X34P is i dont wanna end up buying another expensive monitor wich might decide to fail on me within less then 4-5 months. Thank you once again :)

I had the AlienWare and it was rock solid for me. 

With things failing - you could buy anything and you could be the one to have a failed unit - I wouldn’t let that put you off. 

I see the new LG as a good option,

UltraWide 1440p and 144Hz. 

Thanks for your input and help as well, say you mean the LG that i mentioned or another model ? 

17 minutes ago, VCarmichael said:

Oh just a quick note here.

Make sure to understand the differences in testing methodology between reviewers.

For example, i like both tftcentral and rtings, but they use a slightly different method for tesitng pixel response times. tftcentral measures from 10% to 90% transition (meaning they dont start timing until a pixel has reach 10% of the way through its transition and finish timing when its 90% of the way to its target color) which doesnt include overshoot times (as overshoot happens beyond the 90% point), but includes overshoot 'amount' as a % over the target color.

Rtings measure from 0 to 100% including overshoot time (meaning they measure from the instant a pixel starts transitioning and finishes once the pixel has settles at its target color), but doesnt directly specify overshoot 'amount' (though u can get an idea by looking at the graph)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Ah i see, thank you :D I tried looking LG and Predator i mentioned up there on Rtings but it seems that models arent nowhere to be found, only their alternatives (Z35P and other LG) for example, unless im searching wrong.

4 minutes ago, VCarmichael said:

Ah i see, thank you :D I tried looking LG and Predator i mentioned up there on Rtings but it seems that models arent nowhere to be found, only their alternatives (Z35P and other LG) for example, unless im searching wrong.

They have the LG,, well the freesync version .. should be the same more or less.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/34uc79g-b

if u scroll down to the bottom of their reviews they list varients of the monitor/TV and mention differences.

27 minutes ago, VCarmichael said:

Thanks for your input and help as well, say you mean the LG that i mentioned or another model ? 

The LG 34GK950F

It’s G-Sync Compatible too.

Cool, thnx guys :) il take a look :D Much appreciated :)  If you got any other suggestions pls dont hesitate to say :)