Reinstalling windows next to linux

mtz_federico

When I built my pc I installed windows on a hdd and earlier this year I installed Pop OS on an SSD and now I want to reset windows (erase everything in the windows drive and reinstall windows) but what worries me is that when I but the computer it asks me whether I want to boot into Linux or into windows and what would happen to that if I deleted windows and reinstalled it? what would I have to do for that to still show up?

thanks in advance

I've done this and when reinstalling it into the same partition it was like nothing changed.

You could also use the built in windows function for factory resetting the OS, but it takes ages.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

I've done this and when reinstalling it into the same partition it was like nothing changed.

You could also use the built in windows function for factory resetting the OS, but it takes ages.

Ok, thanks for the response.

I had never heard of a windows feature for for factory resetting the OS, I'll check that out

• 2 weeks later...